How to remove the filter?

16 years 6 months ago #49824 by tlo5
Replied by tlo5 on topic Re:How to remove the filter?
Yeah, that's what I am saying, I don't need the "pulldown menu", and I want to delete it.
But no one can tell me how...

Check this : www.whatamusic.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #49826 by altoidboy
Replied by altoidboy on topic Re:How to remove the filter?
oh, ok. i'm not in front of my setup right now so can't find it for you. however, it would almost certainly be inside the ftp directory, in the joomla directory, in a path SOMETHING like this:

components/community builder/templates/

then you would be looking (most likely) for php files. you'll have to sniff around until you find the one you're looking for. look for elements that you KNOW will be in there in plain text, for example, looking at a finished rendered list as a web page, almost all of it is dynamically rendered (meaning, it is being generated by querying the users database and will differ according to what information you asked it to pull), however, there is one static bit of text that i bet will be in the template in raw form: see where it says "1 user(s)" (or however many users you currently have registered)? the word "user(s)" is most likely hardcoded into the template.

so basically, sniff around all the template files and do searches for "user(s)" -- then once you find it, you'll know you're in the right location, and almost certainly, somewhere just under that, you'll find the code that generates the pulldown menu -- and you can remove it.

it'll take some detective work, but it's all in there somewhere!

make sure to work on a backup version of the file (or save the original) -- just in case you mess something up entirely. i often just duplicate the file and name one of them "originalfilename.phpOLD" - that way i know that if i ever mess up "originalfilename.php" i can just delete it, and go back to the OLD one.

good luck!

16 years 6 months ago #49827 by tlo5
I am sorry...I don't get you...it's very hard for me to guess which one is the right code...

If you could told me in which file and which line, I would really appreciate that...

I know nothing about the coding stuff...I am sorry...

16 years 6 months ago #49828 by altoidboy
ok, i will try and find it for you, however, it'll take me some time (probably at least a day or two before i have time to get to it). i will post in this thread once i've had a chance to look into it.

while i'm there, i'd like to make one mod to it too: it bothers me that the headers of the 4 columns are centered, but the user information under that is left justified. so this info would probably also be found in the same document, and when i find the document i'll learn how to make that tweak too, so my lists will look better.

16 years 6 months ago #49833 by tlo5
Thank you so much.

Yeah, that's very ugly when the first tiem I saw what you are saying...I don't like that...

Thanks!

16 years 6 months ago #49865 by altoidboy
i think i might have found it but am not sure (and don't have the time to test it thoroughly).

open the file components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.html.php

do a search for this:

[code:1]
<td style="width:50%;text-align:right;">
<?php echo $lists; ?>
</td>
[/code:1]

and try commenting out that middle line, in other words, rewrite that whole passage like this:

[code:1]
<td style="width:50%;text-align:right;">
/*** <?php echo $lists; ?> ***/
</td>
[/code:1]

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn