How to remove the filter?

16 years 6 months ago #49412 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:How to remove the filter?
tlo5 wrote:

sorry, drop down list.

When I use the drop down list, the module which should only show up in the Rock, but show up in both Jazz and Rock.

you can create a menu to go directly to a userlist - the url for this is actually displayed in the beginning of the userlist in cb list management backend.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #49413 by tlo5
Replied by tlo5 on topic Re:How to remove the filter?
I already created the menu.

But it makes people confused when they use the "drop down list".

It shows everything which should NOT show up in that page.
That's why I want to disable it. (Delete it!)

But I don't know how....

Please help me...thanks!

Check this : www.whatamusic.com

16 years 6 months ago #49580 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:How to remove the filter?
Best is of course to get Nick's great documentation, would save you and us time too and help us continue spend lots of time on CB... :whistle:

To remove a list, either unpublish, delete it, or change its access level in backend.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 6 months ago #49821 by altoidboy
Replied by altoidboy on topic Re:How to remove the filter?
i understand what you're asking.

basically i think you have to specifically grant access according to a predefined group permissions level.

in other words, let's say you have 3 lists set up in list manager: full list, jazz, and rock. most likely you would give administrator or superadministrator privileges to "full list", and registered user privileges to "jazz" and "rock".

then, on the front end, if you're logged in as a registered user, you'll only see jazz and rock in the pulldown, but if you're logged in as a registered user with superadministrator privileges, you'll see all three.

that's how i have it working on my site (i'm doing the exact same thing). so if that's how you intend it to work, i can help you get it to this point.

16 years 6 months ago #49822 by tlo5
Replied by tlo5 on topic Re:How to remove the filter?
sorry..that's not what I am saying..

I use the module named "iclude", and it could include other files, such as .php, in it. And I can point the "iclude module" to any position.

The problems is some "iclude module" should ony show in the Rock, but also show in the Jazz.

And this problem is only happening when I use the "drop down list". NOT when I use the main menu or any other menu to link that page.

There should be something wrong with that "drop down list"

Check this : www.whatamusic.com

16 years 6 months ago #49823 by altoidboy
Replied by altoidboy on topic Re:How to remove the filter?
oh.

i'm not familiar with iclude at all, sorry, so i'm unlikely to be of any help.

are you sure that you NEED the pulldown menu? one other alternative would be to simply find the template file that guides how the page is drawn, then find the pulldown menu and remove it (or comment it out) from the code, so that it doesn't display at all.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn