After transfer to new server, no notifications wor

15 years 8 months ago #72606 by timatsyd
Hi Guys,

I have an issue I've been pulling my hair out over!

www.goo-me.com was setup with CB1.1 and everything was working great.

After transferring the site to my dedicated server, the PM notifications don't work in cb_login module or iddeIM Notifier module.

Everything was working before the transfer and I even installed a mambo on a new directory on the same server to test the issue and it worked fine on that version.I also have other sites on the server using the same versions that work fine.

I've reinstalled cb_login mod, reinstalled the uddeIM com and all associated mods and it's just not working.

I've even used replaced all files in:
components/com_comprofiler
administrator/components/com_comprofiler
with a fresh copy just encase.
If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

I am at a point where I am almost ready to re-install CB but it will be a big headache.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #72625 by beat
I would suggest to first re-install uddeIM (upgrading it too on the way), as both modules are affected.

Something probably in database didn't get moved completely...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #72626 by beat
Also, if you reinstall CB, you can do it quickly with the expert method (ftp).

if it still doesn't work CB 1.2 RC 2 has a built-in database checker which might find problems better than CB 1.1 (but of course not uddeIM database problems that you may have had during the move).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #72683 by timatsid
Thanks Beat!

I reinstalled uddeIM and it didn't change anything. What sort of upgrades are available?

RE: ftp method, the problem arose when I transfered the files. by ftp method do you just mean manually uploading files?

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

15 years 8 months ago #72684 by timatsid
P.S. is there a way to reinstall CB without having to configure everything from scratch again?

15 years 8 months ago #72697 by p9939068
Simply make a backup of /administrator/components/com_comprofiler/ue_config.php

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn