Installation problem

15 years 11 months ago #64099 by leggro1
Installation problem was created by leggro1
Hi,

I can't install CB 1.2 RC1. In logs file I see a lot lines of this error:

PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /raid/www/domain/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.database.php on line 836, referer: http:/
/www.domain.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_installer

And at the end there is one error:

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 240 seconds exceeded in /raid/www/domain/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.database.php on line 834, referer: www.domain.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_installer

What I'm doing wrong and how can I fix this?

I'm using joomla 1.5.3, CentOS 5.1, php 5.2.6

I was testing on clean Joomla installation.

Best regards,
Leggro

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #64162 by leggro1
Replied by leggro1 on topic Re:Installation problem
I added additional line in administrator/index.php but still I got those notices (in fact there is about 1 GB of additional log info after one try to install CB 1.2). It looks like there is problem with cb.database.php on my system in time of installation.

Could you please help me? I was trying all steps recommended in README.txt and still can't install it :(

15 years 11 months ago #64207 by leggro1
I solved this problem. When you are using mysqli as database type this problem will occur. When you switch mysqli to mysql installation is going properly.

15 years 11 months ago #64208 by blackice2999
Replied by blackice2999 on topic Re:Installation problem
Hi,

please read the readme... on slow servers sometime it happens that the execution time exceed... mysqli is a little bit faster then mysql. You can set the execution time in your php.ini or set it in php script (show readme)

Greets from Germany
Dennis

15 years 11 months ago #64209 by leggro1
blackice2999 wrote:

please read the readme... on slow servers sometime it happens that the execution time exceed... mysqli is a little bit faster then mysql. You can set the execution time in your php.ini or set it in php script (show readme)

It was not a problem with speed :) I was setting execution time to 1000 seconds and still there was a problem:

PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /raid/www/domain/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.database.php on line 836

And this error was repeated thousands times so my log file was bigger than 5 GB with one CB 1.2RC installation.

When I switched to mysql there was 0 errors/notices in my logfile.

So as you can see there was a problem with cb.database.php file when you are using mysqli. It's not a problem with execution time because when I switched to mysql full installation process takes less than 30 seconds. My machine is very fast dedicated server so it wasn't problem. Now I will test if CB is running with mysqli enabled.

15 years 11 months ago #64210 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Installation problem
leggro1 wrote:

blackice2999 wrote:

It was not a problem with speed :) I was setting execution time to 1000 seconds and still there was a problem:

PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /raid/www/domain/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.database.php on line 836

And this error was repeated thousands times so my log file was bigger than 5 GB with one CB 1.2RC installation.

When I switched to mysql there was 0 errors/notices in my logfile.

So as you can see there was a problem with cb.database.php file when you are using mysqli. It's not a problem with execution time because when I switched to mysql full installation process takes less than 30 seconds. My machine is very fast dedicated server so it wasn't problem. Now I will test if CB is running with mysqli enabled.

Ok, your anaysis seems very interesting: keep us posted :)

In order to reproduce/analyze, I would be interested to know your:
- mysql version
- previous CB version from which you upgraded

Also if you install a new joomla + CB 1.1 (or whatever version you had) with just the sample data installed of joomla and of CB, if you can reproduce this upgrade problem ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn