Installation problem

15 years 10 months ago #66751 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Installation problem
Looks like the second installation step failed midway.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling CB normal way.

If that still fails, install normal way, then do an expert upgrade according to README.

Something is very probably misconfigured on your server.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #66764 by rofar
Replied by rofar on topic Re:Installation problem
I have tried several more times. I am now just getting an error 500 message at installation. I started from scratch on a Linux server now, rather than the Windows WAMP 2.0. Everything *appears* to install in the directories and in the database. However, I get the error 500 message when trying to access the community builder from the Components menu. I really don't want to have to do this installation in some kind of advanced manner. There is nothing wrong with my server. Aren't there more ways to diagnose this? I don't even see anything really in the access logs or error logs, giving me a clue.

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

15 years 10 months ago #66765 by rofar
Is there a way that I can get to part two of the installation by putting in the link manually? Everything looks SO close to being operable, but does not work. Is there a way to bypass and get part 2 done without an expert upgrade?

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

15 years 10 months ago #66791 by rofar
This is what an entry on my logs looks like:

11.111.111.11 - - [28/Jun/2008:21:20:32 -0600] "GET /administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=showconfig HTTP/1.1" 500 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)"

So, can someone help me, please?

I am rather frustrated at this point. I paid good money to get on this site for CB 1.2.

CB 1.2 still has bugs and most of the other extensions are not up-to-date either. Someone ought to get this all fixed right away.

Post edited by: rofar, at: 2008/06/29 16:31

15 years 10 months ago #66794 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Installation problem
rofar wrote:

This is what an entry on my logs looks like:

11.111.111.11 - - [28/Jun/2008:21:20:32 -0600] "GET /administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=showconfig HTTP/1.1" 500 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)"

So, can someone help me, please?

I am rather frustrated at this point. I paid good money to get on this site for CB 1.2.

CB 1.2 still has bugs and most of the other extensions are not up-to-date either. Someone ought to get this all fixed right away.

Post edited by: rofar, at: 2008/06/29 16:31

CB 1.2 RC works fine on many sites.

I am not aware of your specific Windows installation, but it looks like it has problems.

Are you able to install other Joomla components?

CB 1.2 RC identified bugs are posted in the known issues area and CB 1.2 RC2 is in the works.

15 years 10 months ago #66807 by rofar
Nick, thanks for your reply.

I am no longer working on a the WAMP set-up. I am on the Linux server now, where my site will be.

Yes, I have been able to install other modules successfully.

CB2 appears to install 99% of the way. The tables are installed and most of the software goes where it is supposed to. However, I did have to manually upload the components>com_comprofiler>plugin folder.

The Community Builder menu is available from the Components menu, however, if I try to select anything from the menu, I get an error 500.

So, is there a way to finish the installation manually at this point? What seems to be lacking? Looking forward to CB 1.2 RC2 coming out ASAP!! :-) When will a CB 1.2 stable be out?? And when will all of the other extensions be up-to-date for CB 1.2 and downloadable?

I am trying to stay optimistic! Please forgive me if I seem irritated! I know that what you have is amazing and it will be great when it's all done and stable!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn