Installation problem

15 years 11 months ago #64211 by leggro1
Replied by leggro1 on topic Re:Installation problem
I tested mysqli for installed CB. When I switched to mysqli and then goes for CB configuration I get blank screen and error:

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /raid/www/www.domain.com/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.database.php on line 838, referer: www.domain.com/administrator/index.php

Anyone else encounter the same problem when using mysqli?

Best regards,
leggro

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #64213 by leggro1
Replied by leggro1 on topic Re:Installation problem
Hi Beat,

It was completely new installation. I installed new Joomla 1.5.3 (setting mysqli as deafult database type), then I was trying to install CB 1.2RC. There was a lot of notices:

PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /raid/www/domain/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.database.php on line 836

I was playing with long execution time, adding set_time_limit( 240 );

Nothing work. So I think that I will switch to mysql and this was proper move. Everything install without problem. But a few minutes ago I switched one more time to mysqli and CB stop working (so I'm back to mysql).

My configuration:
CentOS 5.1 (kernel 2.6.18-53.1.14.el5PAE)
MySQL 5.0.22
PHP 5.2.6

Leggro

15 years 11 months ago #64217 by volschin
Replied by volschin on topic Re:Installation problem
leggro1 wrote:

So as you can see there was a problem with cb.database.php file when you are using mysqli. It's not a problem with execution time because when I switched to mysql full installation process takes less than 30 seconds. My machine is very fast dedicated server so it wasn't problem. Now I will test if CB is running with mysqli enabled.

Same for me, switching from mysqli to mysql works fine.
Thanks leggro for figuring this out.

volschin

Post edited by: volschin, at: 2008/06/01 22:29

15 years 11 months ago #64225 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Installation problem
Confirmed this first bug of CB 1.2 RC, could reproduce here.

Workaround to switch back to joomla-default mysql fixes problem encountered in infinite loop in CB database layer when using mysqli.

Will add it to bugs subforum.

EDIT: Added bug here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,64226/catid,51/

Post edited by: beat, at: 2008/06/02 00:58

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #66747 by rofar
Replied by rofar on topic Re:Installation problem
I am getting the following error, but your fix notes, both on this page and your bugs page does not give enough information to fix it:

Warning: require_once(/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.database.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\mysite\administrator\components\com_comprofiler\plugin.foundation.php on line 91

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.database.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\wamp\www\mysite\administrator\components\com_comprofiler\plugin.foundation.php on line 91

I need an answer, ASAP. This is the main component to the whole community builder software. If this doesn't work, it's a showstopper.

I am running this test on a Windows system with WAMP 2.0.

Will I encounter this problem on a Linux server??

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

15 years 10 months ago #66748 by rofar
Replied by rofar on topic Re:Installation problem
From what I can tell, I am using just mysql as the standard setting and not mysqli

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn