Cant get it to install

15 years 10 months ago #66625 by Daylight
Cant get it to install was created by Daylight
I accidentally posted in the CB 1.1 space. Sorry about that. I have joomla 1.5 So the problem is that the upload/install feature is not working as it keeps saying Failed to move package. The install from directory feature is not working as it keeps telling me to put in the directory where the package can be found after I have done so 50 times. I have manually uploaded it to my webshell and unpacked it in the appropriate directory but the component pack does not show in the usermenu part or the components part. No idea how to get it to install. Is there a time out on uploads or file size limits that may need to be changed. FTP is on NO. Any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #66628 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Cant get it to install
Daylight wrote:

I accidentally posted in the CB 1.1 space. Sorry about that. I have joomla 1.5 So the problem is that the upload/install feature is not working as it keeps saying Failed to move package. The install from directory feature is not working as it keeps telling me to put in the directory where the package can be found after I have done so 50 times. I have manually uploaded it to my webshell and unpacked it in the appropriate directory but the component pack does not show in the usermenu part or the components part. No idea how to get it to install. Is there a time out on uploads or file size limits that may need to be changed. FTP is on NO. Any ideas?

Turning FTP to ON should help.

Installing from directory means that the path you specify should be the physical path - not URL.
To find the physical path of your hosted installation you should look at your Joomla global parameters - it appears somewhere.

Finally, the detailed guide also has better detailed directory installation instructions.

15 years 10 months ago #66696 by Daylight
Replied by Daylight on topic Re:Cant get it to install
I turned FTP to ON and this is the response I got when I tried to upload and install

JFTP::store: Bad response
Warning! - Failed to move file

Also,

Just to clarify... i am not too sure what you mean by physical path. I used the path that is on my webshell all the way up to the zipped package:

/hsphere/local/home/ etc. etc.

is this not correct?

15 years 10 months ago #66697 by Daylight
I attempted to update the global config in joomla and I now get this:

JFTP::login: Unable to login
JFTP::write: Unable to use passive mode

15 years 10 months ago #66698 by Daylight
O.K. so now I am trying to install from the directory. What I got this time was this:

Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package.
Path does not have a valid package

Any ideas?

15 years 10 months ago #66705 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Cant get it to install
If I understand right, it's installing the community builder component which fails ?

Can you install any other component successfully ?

Sorry to ask, but did you unzip first the container and try to install comprofiler.zip file by upload ?

Also are permissions of the tmp and media sub-directories of joomla allowing FTP to write into it ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn