Cant get it to install

15 years 10 months ago #66735 by Daylight
Replied by Daylight on topic Re:Cant get it to install
So I changed the settings for the temp and media folders to "write" and now I get this message when I try the upload/install feature.

JFolder::create: Could not create directory
Component Install: Failed to create directory: "/hsphere/local/home/digitald/bcyouthvote.com/joomla/components/com_comprofiler"

I am not sure what I need to change now.

I have not tried to install any other components but I can not install the modules.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #66737 by Daylight
Replied by Daylight on topic Re:Cant get it to install
Ok you guys have to know that at this point I am very grateful for your advice. It has led me to a semi successufl install of the component. Now the system says that community builder installed successfully but with a few exceptions:

/hsphere/local/home/digitald/bcyouthvote.com/joomla/images/comprofiler/ Failed to be to be created, please do so manually !
/hsphere/local/home/digitald/bcyouthvote.com/joomla/images/comprofiler/gallery/ Failed to be to be created, please do so manually !

Manually do the following:
1.) create /hsphere/local/home/digitald/bcyouthvote.com/joomla/images/comprofiler/ directory
2.) chmod it to 777
3.) create /hsphere/local/home/digitald/bcyouthvote.com/joomla/images/comprofiler/gallery/
4.) chmod it to 777
5.) copy /hsphere/local/home/digitald/bcyouthvote.com/joomla/components/com_comprofiler/images/gallery/ and its contents to /hsphere/local/home/digitald/bcyouthvote.com/joomla/images/comprofiler/gallery/

I do not know how to chmod it to 777 Can someone please tell me.

15 years 10 months ago #66744 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Cant get it to install
You should be able to do this from your cpanel or host management system.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn