Skip to Content Skip to Menu

REGISTRATION FAILING

• Rapunzl
  • Rapunzl
15 years 7 months ago #75229 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:REGISTRATION FAILING
Do you have SEF installed? If so, which one? Also, what url is it incorrectly sending you to?

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• quickness
  • quickness
15 years 7 months ago #75231 by quickness
Replied by quickness on topic Re:REGISTRATION FAILING
no sef installed.. what ever joomla has but i dont have it activated.. no need

not sending to a bad url.. sends to the same one.. its funny..if you input the url like type it or paste it the registration page works..

but if you go to speed-datingmovie.com and click on of the buttons then when you try to register you get the cookie error.. mind you not everyone gets it...

THIS IS CRAZY..

Much love for the support

• beat
  • beat
15 years 7 months ago #75232 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:REGISTRATION FAILING
quickness wrote:

okay this is odd.. when they click on one of the images to go to the register page it wont work.. if they enter the url directly.. As i sent it to my partner via email.. Works with no problem?

Explain anyone?

Please check if url are *absolutely identical* for the registration page. E.g. one having 'www' in front of it and the other not or anything else.

just to keep community in sync: I spent last 5 hours on this case by PMS exchanges with quickness, checking code, and debugging on quickness' server, as it's the first one of this type since our fixes in CB 1.2 RC 2, and we want definitely this issue behind us for CB 1.2 stable.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• beat
  • beat
15 years 7 months ago #75233 by beat
Also finally found out that your buttons behave differently of CB login module: if you enter site on www then your buttons stay on www, but the form posts to site without www, so the cookies of www.site are not received correctly (or receiving a very old value !)

This could finally explain your issue.

Most sites are using CB login module registration link, and CB does use an absolute path corresponding to site config ! so that problem doesn't appear.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• quickness
  • quickness
15 years 7 months ago #75234 by quickness
Replied by quickness on topic Re:REGISTRATION FAILING
with same url as live_site in config (without www) it works, and not with www (if tried first).

• beat
  • beat
15 years 7 months ago #75235 by beat
quickness wrote:

with same url as live_site in config (without www) it works, and not with www (if tried first).

Well, I didn't check that thing first, and went into debugging to fast, triggered by your post, and old problems of CB 1.1, which are fixed already in CB 1.2 RC 2.

Ok, for lots of good reasons, like:

- search engine optimization (not getting penalty for multiple copies of site)
- users-bookmarks
- links on site
- cookies-problems
- joomla issues with session cookies

etc, etc, etc

you should choose 1 main variant of your site url. with or without www doesn't matter.

It matters that:
1) this is your live_site setting in your configuration.php file
2) that you permanently redirect e.g. in the site panel the other variant of the site to the primary variant.

e.g. here if you type joomlapolis.com you will be automatically redirected to www.joomlapolis.com

btw, well, with www in live_site, registrations will work as is even with non-redirected url without www (as www is subdomain of non-www for cookies).

There are quite a few older posts where I explained this already.

Now, there might be another solution/workaround that we can try tomorrow if you have time to test it in all browsers, but that needs to be studied further first.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon