CB 1.7 Released!

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #172008 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: CB 1.7 Released! | CB substitution improvement

pepperstreet wrote: Great news!
One short question: The Release-Article mentioned CB substitution improvements.
Whats new or what has changed?

Just upgraded one installation from CB1.4 to CB1.7. I noticed that my substitution in ProfileTitle did not work anymore. I used [cb_myfield]. After the upgrade it showed only the substitution syntax!? I tried it with [cb:userfield field="cb_myfield" /] That worked and also displayed a multi-checkbox field with a comma as separator.

Is this the way to use it now?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #172227 by RedneckWS
Replied by RedneckWS on topic Re: CB 1.7 Released!
I'm having the exact same problem. Joomla 1.7 with cb 1.7, try to upload comprofiler and I get the error
Fatal error: Call to a member function getCfg() on a non-object in /home/theredne/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php on line 3069

12 years 9 months ago #172648 by shakensoul
Replied by shakensoul on topic Re: CB 1.7 Released!
Is it safe to upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.7 on Joomla 1.5.23 ?

Any precautions to be taken apart from backup of the database and files ?

I believe in 'If it ain't broken, don't fix it!' :P

12 years 9 months ago #172658 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB 1.7 Released!

shakensoul wrote: Is it safe to upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.7 on Joomla 1.5.23 ?

Any precautions to be taken apart from backup of the database and files ?

I believe in 'If it ain't broken, don't fix it!' :P

Yes, its safe.
Backup first.

12 years 9 months ago #172712 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic Re: CB 1.7 Released!
I had this message when upgrading Joomla 1.6.3 to 1.7; my CB version is 1.4 and I used the Extension manager>update process; the result was this message whatever I tried to do; basically nothing worked and I had to restore from backup. Does this mean that I must upgrade CB to 1.7 BEFORE upgrading Joomla?

12 years 9 months ago #172995 by salvietruitt
Replied by salvietruitt on topic Re: CB 1.7 Released!

krileon wrote: Regarding the admin menu please insure your J1.6 or J1.7 installation did not have a pre-1.4 release installed as this would bug the menu links. To fix this please navigate to your database and run the below query. Once done install CB 1.7 again and the issue should be resolved.

DELETE FROM `jos_menu` WHERE `path` LIKE '%comprofiler%';

Please change the prefix (jos) in the above query if your database is using a different prefix. Once done please review the _menu table to ensure the CB menu links were deleted appropriately.

Hi, my issue is with a new installed joomla 1.7 and then I installed CB 1.7, the CB menu is not showing in the admin menu. Please help!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.724 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn