Boostraping our way to CB 2.0

11 years 7 months ago #210399 by beat
Boostraping our way to CB 2.0 was created by beat
This thread discusses the big news " Boostraping our way to CB 2.0 ".

After months of careful planing and design and weeks of implementation and testing, we are very proud of the result: The CB Bootstrap template looks just awesome and gives to Community Builder's look this refreshing modernized look that it was missing.

Many thanks to Kyle who architected and developed that new CB template using pure CSS from the Twitter Bootstrap CSS framework without any changes in CB 1.8.1 (!!!), and to CB Team for testing and giving usability feedbacks.

We are very thrilled with this important face-lifting add-on to CB 1.8.1 and this know-how as well as your feedbacks in real uses will be very valuable for the upcoming CB Quickstart Pro release, and for CB 2.0's new templates which will take same clean user-interface principles.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Lewis, herzenssache, schrammelmann

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #210401 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Boostraping our way to CB 2.0
I also have to chime in and give a big THANK YOU to Kyle for the totally awesome job he did.

And pure CSS !!!

Wishing some of the many template providers out there would have done this (now proven totally doable) task a long time ago.

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #210408 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: Boostraping our way to CB 2.0
Happy to see this great enhancement... :silly: :woohoo:

The only thing who always missing to CB was a real nice graphic/template..now this problem seem to solved.

Do you plan to allow us to simply customize the color/appearance of this CB template for match our own template? For example some basic settings where we can set our own color (by simply introducing HEX value) for the profile, tabs and more?

Of course some more settings for let us set for example border style, corner radius, font size for title tabs and more would be great too. I suppose this can be done by making some modification in the css file, however most people are not able to do that.

If in future you can implement a basic appearance management (a bit like Rockettheme do with their Gantry framework) with color chooser/picker and more, many people will love that.

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

11 years 7 months ago #210410 by Roland
Replied by Roland on topic Re: Boostraping our way to CB 2.0
Hello,

wow - it looks great (!)...

The only thing I can't see anymore is tab over tab....

So it would be fine to add only a view lines of code in next CB (1.8.2) for expandeble tabs...

I described it here already a view month ago:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/159-wishlist/198597-expandable-tabs-g-code-inside

www.simple-quality.de - The Quality-Web-Portal
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

11 years 7 months ago #210462 by prospera
Replied by prospera on topic Re: Boostraping our way to CB 2.0
Really a good step in the right direction:-) Thanks Kyle! You are doing a great job for the Joomla community.
A question: Will the current version of CB support the coming Joomla 3.0 or do we have to wait until CB 2.0?

Thanks in advance,

PA

11 years 7 months ago #210464 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Boostraping our way to CB 2.0

prospera wrote: Really a good step in the right direction:-) Thanks Kyle! You are doing a great job for the Joomla community.
A question: Will the current version of CB support the coming Joomla 3.0 or do we have to wait until CB 2.0?

Thanks in advance,

PA

CB 1.8.1 does not run on Joomla 3.0 beta releases, due to incompatibilities in the Joomla API and database scheme of Joomla 3.0 compared to Joomla 2.5's support, and that Joomla decided to not support in Joomla 3.0.

We are already working in parallel of CB 2.0 on yet another CB 1.x release to address that. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: darb, Josh Lewis, pepperstreet

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn