Boostraping our way to CB 2.0

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #210729 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Boostraping our way to CB 2.0

prospera wrote: Why don't you guys also include it in the Add Ons also? Would love to test it on my site.
Keep up the good work B)

For those who already have an up-to-date Community Builder site:

It's available for download for Professional members as single plugin in Downloads / Single items / Professional downloads here :)

Just install, publish, then in CB Config in User Profile tab, select "Bootstrap" as CB template, save and check out your new CB profiles :)

So no need for CB Quickstart Pro or CB Packager packages. single CB plugin install works fine too :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #211337 by comyoo
Replied by comyoo on topic Re: Boostraping our way to CB 2.0
The list function of CB with 4 columns and bootstrap activated won't be smaller as the website is also responsive and will be viewed on mobile.

How can I get this working without putting all the information in one column?

Please have a look at the attachment.
Attachments:

11 years 5 months ago #214367 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Boostraping our way to CB 2.0

comyoo wrote: The list function of CB with 4 columns and bootstrap activated won't be smaller as the website is also responsive and will be viewed on mobile.
How can I get this working without putting all the information in one column?...

Since the userlist is table-based and your columns are TD's, you would have to modify the whole markup/output. Not sure if this is possible or a good advice. Because of following CB updates.

An alternative would be a temporary markup modification, without touching the CB code. jQuery could change and rewrite the document-structure. Reposition or replace unwanted HTML-Tags completely.

Weired idea - CSS only:
What about reposition the respective TD's with CSS properties?! Not sure if this will work or if it is a valid method ;-) Worth a try with Firebug or any other CSS inspector tool.
The table header should be modified as well.
Fortunately, all elements have CSS IDs and Classes.

11 years 5 months ago #214735 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Boostraping our way to CB 2.0
Regarding responsive Tables, you might be interested in these articles!

Responsive Data Tables (APR 27, 2011)
css-tricks.com/responsive-data-tables/

Responsive Data Table RoundUp (JAN 11, 2012)
(additional explorations of the problem with demos)
css-tricks.com/responsive-data-table-roundup/

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn