On the fly group creation with Auto GroupJive

11 years 4 months ago #216797 by nant
This thread discusses the big news On the fly group creation with Auto GroupJive .

Hope this article inspires people to use this method on their community sites!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago #216926 by mbs
Hi Nick
Does this feature permit multiple on-the-fly allocation to groups based on a registration value, or is this a single allocation only? As an example, let's say that somebody is a student (as opposed to an employed person), and that as a consequence they could automatically enjoy sponsored membership to a club, as well as have automatic access to a student discussion forum (i.e. 2 different groupings - there could be more). Employed persons would, on the other hand, have to pay full membership price to the club and would not be given access to the student discussion forum. However, the situation could be more complex than this, in that an employed person could also be a student. Would the Auto GroupJive facility be able to handle this? Thanx in advance for your inputs on this...

11 years 4 months ago #216951 by nant

mbs wrote: Hi Nick
Does this feature permit multiple on-the-fly allocation to groups based on a registration value, or is this a single allocation only? As an example, let's say that somebody is a student (as opposed to an employed person), and that as a consequence they could automatically enjoy sponsored membership to a club, as well as have automatic access to a student discussion forum (i.e. 2 different groupings - there could be more). Employed persons would, on the other hand, have to pay full membership price to the club and would not be given access to the student discussion forum. However, the situation could be more complex than this, in that an employed person could also be a student. Would the Auto GroupJive facility be able to handle this? Thanx in advance for your inputs on this...

Not sure I totally understand your use case, but you can create as many GroupJive Auto entries as you want.

11 years 4 months ago #217679 by bigk
Can this create group based on articles list? i.e A group of authors based on haven submitted 5 or more articles. Thanks

11 years 3 months ago #218329 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Re: On the fly group creation with Auto GroupJive
Can I assing every new group greated to a user group as owner? I mean, instead of use an ID value as owner, I would that all admins can be owners of those groups. How can I do that (if I can...)?

10 years 10 months ago #229448 by sampei
I don't think you can... I tried but failed

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn