CB Connect 5.0 now supports 8 social networks

10 years 10 months ago #228838 by tomk105
Replied by tomk105 on topic CB Connect 5.0 now supports 8 social networks
Thought I would try Connect 5.0 this morning. Installed as CB Plugin, and configured for Google API no problems.

for Redirect URIs I used www.example.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbconnect&action=google&func=accesstoken&format=raw

and substituting correct URL in place of example.com.

I have plugin set to NOT allow registration, but I did want to use linking. I logged into my website with appropriate site credentials. And after login, I clicked on the "G link" in CB Login module and I entered my Google Gmail Credentials. I logged out of website. And then tried to login just using the "G Link" button instead of username/password boxes.

But then got the following error:

Error: redirect_uri_mismatch
The redirect URI in the request: example.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbconnect&action=google&func=accesstoken&format=raw did not match a registered redirect URI

So I changed the Redirect URI in Google API to be example.com instead of www.example.com

And then I was able to login to my website by clicking on the using the G Link instead of entering username and password.

---- but then ....

I tried using a different browser, and when the G Link did not work unless I had already logged into Gmail from that browser.

So it is working - sort of, but may cause more confusion that it is worth. Am I missing anything?

Is this how it works with Facebook and others - i.e. you must be logged into Facebook in the same browser before the CB Connect link works?

Thanks,
Tom

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #228862 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect 5.0 now supports 8 social networks
All the connect sites use strict domain matching. There is no workaround that I can implement for this. You need to ensure the domain you set in your applications is the exact domain your site uses. So if you configure it for www.example.com and someone browses to example.com then it will not work. You can enforce www.example.com usually with a redirect configured in your hosting panel (if your host supplies such a feature) or an htaccess redirect.

What browser you use shouldn't matter and you do not need to login to the connect site first as it'll ask you to login in the popup if you're not already logged in.

For future reference everyone please use the support forums for support topics as this is a news discussion and not a support topic. Not using the support forums may result in your support post being missed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #229152 by tomcoud
Replied by tomcoud on topic CB Connect 5.0 now supports 8 social networks
Hello,

will Openid be supported on a next version ?

do you know a solution for adding openid authentification on CB and Joomla ?

thanks a lot

10 years 10 months ago #229328 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect 5.0 now supports 8 social networks

will Openid be supported on a next version ?

No.

do you know a solution for adding openid authentification on CB and Joomla ?

There's several Joomla modules, authentication plugins, etc.. at Joomla.org on the JED that can provide OpenID specifically.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #229509 by tomcoud
Replied by tomcoud on topic CB Connect 5.0 now supports 8 social networks
Hi,

i'm sorry but i've been searching a long time and haven't been able to find Openid authentification for Joomla 2.5 and 3.1

isn't it possible to add it on CB Connect ?

Thanks !

T.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn