CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #230359 by krileon
CB Query Field 3.0.0 released! was created by krileon
CB Query Field has been upgraded to provide more than a simple query field to display the results of your database query. It now includes the following fieldtypes in addition to the existing Query fieldtype.

Query Checkbox (Multiple)
Query Dropdown (Single Select)
Query Dropdown (Multi-Select)
Query Radio Buttons

These new fieldtypes work exactly as the existing fieldtypes except their values are pulled from a database query (internal or external!). This means you can have a Select field, which pulls its values from your own database tables, 3rd party database tables, or any database for that matter.

These new fieldtypes fully support searching, translations, separate value and label per option (for example the value could be US and the label be United States), in addition to substitution within the query.

This adds to our ever growing list of new fieldtypes to further enhance your site! Please note these fieldtypes do not currently have Ajax capability, but CB Core Fields Ajax will be upgraded to support them.

Below is an example configuration to get you started (will work with all of the above types).

Query:
SELECT `id`, `username` FROM `#__users` LIMIT 20
Value Column: id
Label Column: username

For performance the new fieldtypes have built in caching of queries. This means if you have 10 fields that all use the query as exampled above then the query is only executed 1 time then cached.

Please do not use this topic for support. This is simply a news topic to discuss the release. If you have any support related issues then please post to your respective support forums, thank you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The topic has been locked.
10 years 8 months ago #230362 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!
CB Core Fields Ajax 1.6.0 is now released with support for the above new fieldtypes. So all of the above can now be Ajaxed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
10 years 8 months ago #230624 by erilam
Replied by erilam on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!

krileon wrote: CB Query Field has been upgraded to provide more than a simple query field to display the results of your database query. It now includes the following fieldtypes in addition to the existing Query fieldtype.

Query Checkbox (Multiple)
Query Dropdown (Single Select)
Query Dropdown (Multi-Select)
Query Radio Buttons

Thank you so much for that new upgrade, It was a really attending upgrade on that kind os fields.

Eric Lamy (erix)
www.agerix.fr/
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #231256 by Hansueli
Replied by Hansueli on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!
very nice but I have no Idea about the Setup and functions?
Is there a description?
:sick:

ok I found it!
Thank you

rh
9 years 9 months ago #245808 by pasquale80
Replied by pasquale80 on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!
Hello, I wanted to know if,through CB Query Field 3, is it possible to create a multiple select box as in the attached image, that reads data from the DataBase and then allows the selection in order to insert data.
If this function is not supported, is there a Community Builder component able to do it?
Thank you.
Pasquale
Attachments:
9 years 9 months ago #245847 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!
CB Query Field comes with multiple query field times. Including Query Select, which is just like a normal select field except it pulls its values from a database query instead of you supplying the values manually. You do not get to select what values from the query it uses, it uses them all; you can limit the results by adjusting the WHERE statement of your query.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn