Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment

10 years 4 months ago #238313 by Magic2014
Replied by Magic2014 on topic Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment
Thanks Kyle,

Looking forward to that video feature. Had to decide between JS and CB. JS video ability was appealing but I felt CB could do better overall. Now with the new video capability I was hoping would come out in 2.0, it looks like I'll stick with CB all the way.

Thanks for getting back.

BTW do you know what template is included with 1.9 Professional? and is a module map included?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #238315 by scfischer7
Replied by scfischer7 on topic Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment
Howdy,

I'm new to community builder and purchased the dev copy of the latest version. Is there a feature matrix of what is updates/added between 1.9 and 2.0 ?

Thanks

10 years 4 months ago #238316 by inet2800
Well, that's great news.

Is developer documentation also upgraded?

Are you considering demo sites with working examples in lieu of developer documentation; i.e., use cases?

At any rate, I think this is great news what will help the product line and your business.

JB

10 years 4 months ago #238317 by UnConnoisseur
Replied by UnConnoisseur on topic Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment
Just watched Beat's video. Sounds very good, but perhaps by omission, it made it sound like one develops by directly coding XML. I trust there is a nice UX that will generate the XML specs. I hope that's shown in the webinar tomorrow. And I hope the UX favors MVC over backward familiarity.

I'm eager, and I'll see you in the webinar.

-uc

10 years 4 months ago #238319 by Roland
Hello,

@socialfan: Yes, I always thought the same... I checked nearly daily the tracker to check what CB team is doing and always saw Kyle.... :-)

Great that new CB is coming... The only poor thing is, that the rework of friend management is not included in 2.0... This area is really out of date...

But it looks that CB in now moving forward in the right direction...

www.simple-quality.de - The Quality-Web-Portal

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #238322 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment

Roland wrote: Hello,

@socialfan: Yes, I always thought the same... I checked nearly daily the tracker to check what CB team is doing and always saw Kyle.... :-)

Just imagine what happends if Kyle quits? Hopefully he never gets ill, never has an accident and will never choose to quit to work for something else. Otherwise CB might have a huge problem. Might, I don´t know......

Roland wrote: Great that new CB is coming... The only poor thing is, that the rework of friend management is not included in 2.0... This area is really out of date...

Jomsocial has just released a new version. I am having the impression that CB is always 1 step behind while they used to be one step ahead. The administration from the Jomsocial has a dashboard with a summary of what is going on which is just great. You can check it out here: demo.jomsocial.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_community
I hope CB 2.0 will bring all the state of the art community and administration features that are missing.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn