Community Builder 2.0 b1 released!

10 years 3 months ago #239230 by socialfan
Replied by socialfan on topic CB vs. Joomla's title and meta management!
any news on when the next beta will be released?

are you still sticking to b1 -> b2 -> b3 -> RC

thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #239235 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB vs. Joomla's title and meta management!

any news on when the next beta will be released?

When it's done, sorry I can't really be any more specific than that. Holidays set us back by at least a week, probably 2. We're working on implementing the needed APIs to move forward with the next beta.

are you still sticking to b1 -> b2 -> b3 -> RC

Yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: socialfan

10 years 3 months ago #239548 by who_else
Replied by who_else on topic CB vs. Joomla's title and meta management!
Since you won't do a 1.10, i am stuck here, because i heavy rely on that search feature, where i can create different search pages with different variables.
So i hate to ask, when we will have a test release for the professional subscribers...

Thanks for any info.

10 years 3 months ago #239551 by socialfan
Replied by socialfan on topic CB vs. Joomla's title and meta management!
Same here and more!

However, I think the CB team works the best they can to deliver us a stable release as soon as possible...

I hate waiting...

10 years 3 months ago #239554 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB vs. Joomla's title and meta management!

So i hate to ask, when we will have a test release for the professional subscribers...

Probably when we go RC.

The incubator projects are not CB 2.0 ready. This means they will fail the compatibility check and on new installs will not even install. To be clear this means all your 1.x plugins are incompatible; they "may" still work, but you can't install 1.x plugins on 2.x and any 1.x plugins installed will clearly be marked incompatible.

I am working to upgrade all of the plugins as quickly as I can before we reach RC, but it's not a simple task. As it stands CB Invites and CB Auto Actions are the only two that have been upgraded and that's only partially as we're about to implement our XML backend views so both need more upgrading.

With all that said if all you intend to do is test and provide feedback or use core features then CB 2.0 is very ideal in its current state. However if you depend on any of the incubator projects then it's really a "no-go" situation for any live usage. Regardless we still don't recommend a Beta for a live site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #239681 by who_else
Replied by who_else on topic CB vs. Joomla's title and meta management!
Well,
i rely on the basic features; and the only thing that keeps me away from continuing is this feature:

Re: feature # 4246: I understood it that way, that i can (multiselect) the (searchable) fields, which should apply to that specific userlist. So i can have different userlists (and searches) with common and different fields to search in, right?
Once 1.10.0 is released you'll edit your userlist and select "Specific searchable fields" for "Searchable fields:". Once you do it'll display directly below it the new parameter "Fields to search:". This parameter is a multi-select with all your CB fields that are marked searchable. You select exactly what fields you want to be displayed as search criteria for your userlist. Yes, this will provide exactly as requested.

If i'd had that one, i could wait easily for 2.0 ;-)

Best

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn