Community Builder 2.0 b1 released!

10 years 3 months ago #239682 by socialfan
Replied by socialfan on topic CB vs. Joomla's title and meta management!
It would be great when fields would allow range search.

Example: height (drop down field: 160 cm, 161 cm, 162 cm...)
In search mode allow range search from to: 160 cm - 162 cm.

So the fild selector would need a 2nd option (display/allow in range mode).

Is that possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #239700 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB vs. Joomla's title and meta management!

who_else wrote: Well,
i rely on the basic features; and the only thing that keeps me away from continuing is this feature:

Re: feature # 4246: I understood it that way, that i can (multiselect) the (searchable) fields, which should apply to that specific userlist. So i can have different userlists (and searches) with common and different fields to search in, right?
Once 1.10.0 is released you'll edit your userlist and select "Specific searchable fields" for "Searchable fields:". Once you do it'll display directly below it the new parameter "Fields to search:". This parameter is a multi-select with all your CB fields that are marked searchable. You select exactly what fields you want to be displayed as search criteria for your userlist. Yes, this will provide exactly as requested.

If i'd had that one, i could wait easily for 2.0 ;-)

Best

Well that's not how it works. We don't just release 1 feature because someone wants that 1 feature. You'll have to wait for CB 2.0, sorry.

socialfan wrote: It would be great when fields would allow range search.

Example: height (drop down field: 160 cm, 161 cm, 162 cm...)
In search mode allow range search from to: 160 cm - 162 cm.

So the fild selector would need a 2nd option (display/allow in range mode).

Is that possible?

They already do. Use an Integer field and its search is via range. It's impossible to have range searching for plain text. Please understand all searching must be valid SQL. So we're limited to what SQL allows. It also needs to be valid index-able SQL to maintain performance. This is why only date fields and integer fields allow range searching.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn