Community Builder 2.0 b1 released!

10 years 3 months ago #238504 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Community Builder 2.0 b1 released!
Hi, I see the new Terms and Condition field. That's very nice.

Is this field just a check button? Or can I also create it as a radio button?

I ask that 'cause our booooooooooooooring italian privacy laws for accepting privacy policy when user register.

We need a radio button with "Yes bla bla..." value and "No bla bla..." value. If user select "no" he cannot complete registration.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #238509 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 b1 released!
Yes, it's a field now and is a checkbox field. No it can't be changed to a radio field. There's no need to change it. It's default marked Required so registration can't be completed without checking it (can optionally make it non-required if anyone wants to).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #238874 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Community Builder 2.0 b1 released!
What about varchar issue related to the limit of the fields number. Do you know what I mean?

10 years 3 months ago #238881 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 b1 released!
That's fixed by changing the database engine for your CB tables to InnoDB. This will increase the allowed column count to somewhere around 1,000, which we think is plenty for any site. We are still looking into better ways to store the fields, but for now this simple fix works fine. CBs database tables on install will be InnoDB (or match that of _users). For existing installs you'll need to run Tools after upgrading to have CB change your tables to InnoDB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 months ago #239092 by socialfan
Replied by socialfan on topic CB vs. Joomla's title and meta management!
As in the old CB1.9.1 I fear that the new 2.0 version will still NOT make use of Joomlas title and meta management.

The title and meta data should (also for the sake of multi-lingual websites) be given in the menue management where Joomla user normaly enter these values.

This is consistent.

Its not feasible to manage 450 different userlists by giving them SEO friendly names.
And after set up 450 different auto actions to give them a meta description!

PLEASE considder this very basic request.

Thank you

10 years 2 months ago #239099 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB vs. Joomla's title and meta management!

socialfan wrote: As in the old CB1.9.1 I fear that the new 2.0 version will still NOT make use of Joomlas title and meta management.

The title and meta data should (also for the sake of multi-lingual websites) be given in the menue management where Joomla user normaly enter these values.

This is consistent.

Its not feasible to manage 450 different userlists by giving them SEO friendly names.
And after set up 450 different auto actions to give them a meta description!

PLEASE considder this very basic request.

Thank you

Not a problem. Was already planned. Created a feature ticket for you to keep track of progress.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4394

I already have the function implemented to grab active menu item, parse its meta params, and add them to the header.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigal0228, socialfan

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.517 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn