Family Plan Membership - Part 1 tutorial

9 years 4 months ago #254276 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Family Plan Membership - Part 1 tutorial

hac wrote: Hi,

I read the Family Plan tutorial, and need something similar. I need a Corporate plan (basically your Family plan) which allows 1 free Individual plan when you purchase the Corporate Plan. But when they purchase the Corporate plan, they provide the individual person's details. So, the Individual plan, needs to be created at the same time as the Corporate plan is created (rather than having the person login and 'Create' the Individual plan). Is it possible to have the Individual plan created at the same time as when the Corporate plan is purchased?

Thank you.

This would mean that the information about the individual plan would need to be provided before the corporate plan purchase.

You should be able to use the concepts outlined in the tutorial to construct your use case.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #273000 by 3by400Inc
Replied by 3by400Inc on topic Family Plan Membership - Part 1 tutorial
I'm working to set up the Family Plan using CB 1.9.1 2.0.12 and CBSubs 4.0.1.

In this version of CB there seems to be no 'delimiter' field type as is defined in the original Family Plan documentation. Suggestions on alternate options to include the notifications that are used for instructions (cb_fmeminstructions1), active (cb_afmactive), assign user message (cb_asignmessageuser1), and register user message (cb_registermessageuser1)?

8 years 5 months ago #273045 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Family Plan Membership - Part 1 tutorial

3by400Inc wrote: I'm working to set up the Family Plan using CB 1.9.1 and CBSubs 4.0.1.

In this version of CB there seems to be no 'delimiter' field type as is defined in the original Family Plan documentation. Suggestions on alternate options to include the notifications that are used for instructions (cb_fmeminstructions1), active (cb_afmactive), assign user message (cb_asignmessageuser1), and register user message (cb_registermessageuser1)?

CBSubs 4.0.1 requires CB 2.0+.

For CB 1.9.1 you will need CBSubs 3.0.

(The delimeter field in CB 2.0 is called Custom HTML field)

8 years 5 months ago #273059 by 3by400Inc
Replied by 3by400Inc on topic Family Plan Membership - Part 1 tutorial
I corrected that earlier, but possibly after your comment. CB version is 2.0.12. Thanks for the clarification on the Custom HTML field as delimiter.

6 years 8 months ago #296782 by Hendrik57
Replied by Hendrik57 on topic Family Plan Membership - Part 1 tutorial
I'm looking for a solution that concerns membership of an association, club (local history).
They have a membership on a yearly base for say € 25,-. They also have family members (live at the same address) for € 5,- extra per family member. So the parent member can have multiple children. The parent wil get the yearly invoice for all. Since the parent wil get the invoice, he/she will sign in the children.
If a parent ends his membership, children should get the opportunity to get a normal membership. Otherwise the whole tree should be disabled.

Some parents or children are also member of special interest groups.

From what I have read this it is not clear to me if this common situation is supported.

I'm new to Community Builder and exploring possibilities for similar communities, associations, club. It is important that, once set-up, the use should be easy since most are Volunteers with little CMS or ICT background.

Please inform me about the possiblities and stability of the solution forwards.

6 years 8 months ago #296792 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Family Plan Membership - Part 1 tutorial
We have no official family membership implementation. The only solutions available are those that you create. This tutorial covers one way of doing it. The below covers another way of doing it by creating coupons that the family accounts can use for a free subscription.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/283-cb-paid-subscriptions/tutorials/18407-purchasing-discount-coupons

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn