Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !

9 years 11 months ago #245248 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !

dotcom22 wrote: I did not know this was possible... What is the file to alter and is location please? I suppose this is a core hack and my change will be lost when updating CB ?

Your changes will be lost on update, but you can basically create an entirely new template for CB if you want that's installable and you'll never lose your changes on update. You can find the template files at the below location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/

activha wrote: We already used defines and language strings. What I mean is that this is working great on the front end but on the back the icon is not displayed, only the code.

We added strings both to admin_language.php and language.php in our language folder and nsfontawesome is loaded both on front and back end

The backend escapes the HTML so it doesn't break the backend layout. There's no workaround to this as broken HTML could easily break backend if we didn't escape it and then backend wouldn't be functional again. As long as it works fine on frontend then it's ok.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #245270 by Magic2014
Replied by Magic2014 on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !
Hey Guys, hear we're finally just about ready for showtime - great news! (I appreciate you being meticulous about development btw - no sense in getting a half-you-know-what product. But still, it's great to hear!

Also, have been getting much more proficient with Joomla and CB, so now I'll be able to offer better feedback and more informative recommendations. Much of it you've already got though, such as the notification system Webserfer talked about in #244354 This is something essential -- site members will use it routinely.

Also Group Jive is another must have, because of the tremendous versatility it offers. It really extends CB capability significantly. I forget exactly who (and where) it's indispensability was conveyed -- and I know you said it'll be last on the list because it's so big -- but yes, I'm already officially beating the drum for GJ.

Okay, will have some more feedback as continue to progress, but this ought to do it for now.

BTW: Congrats on all the speaking tours and conferences. (So why only the French CB'rs get to meet you? That's not fair.) :laugh:

Magic

9 years 11 months ago #245271 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !

Magic2014 wrote: Also, have been getting much more proficient with Joomla and CB, so now I'll be able to offer better feedback and more informative recommendations. Much of it you've already got though, such as the notification system Webserfer talked about in #244354 This is something essential -- site members will use it routinely.

Notifications will be coming as a new plugin after CB 2.0. Our plan is to create CB plugins that either extend the new CBLib with new functionality to be used in other plugins or create plugins that provide various new features. Once these plugins have been tested, adjusted, and stabilized they'll merge into CBs core as a core plugin. This process guarantees the public can help shape a plugins future and that it provides what the public needs/wants. If we just pushed these features to CB Core then we lose a lot of feedback potential as it's much more complicated to release an entirely new CB build vs a smaller installable CB plugin. The first step after CB 2.0 goes stable is to upgrade existing plugins to be compatible and then new projects can start (I've quite a list!).

Magic2014 wrote: Also Group Jive is another must have, because of the tremendous versatility it offers. It really extends CB capability significantly. I forget exactly who (and where) it's indispensability was conveyed -- and I know you said it'll be last on the list because it's so big -- but yes, I'm already officially beating the drum for GJ.

I already have quite a bit of changes made locally that have yet to release. Once CB 2.0 goes stable the entire backend will be scrapped down to pure XML and the frontend will receive quite a few more improvements (performance improvements is pretty high up there). So rest assured GJ will absolutely be moving forward.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #245308 by redhart
Replied by redhart on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !
Hey Guys,

I don't suppose that there is any basic info on Field Layouts?

I have lots of fields that are simply = 1 or 0 for Yes and No that I want to replace with a picture :)
I was using the fields delimeter a long time ago but just rusty now. If I select Custom HMTL there are no parameters

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #245312 by semco
Replied by semco on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !
Hi,

I have also discovered that the register button at the bottom of the registration page is not present. I tried to configure the button however I could not find the location to change it.

Thank you
j 2,6
cb 2.04
my community

9 years 10 months ago #245335 by andrewheritage
Replied by andrewheritage on topic Looking at the genfer option
For the gender option it would be great if it could be more LGBTQ aware i.e. not offering only the two M and F types. There are plenty of people out there that are "gender fluid" and so having the ability to add at least one more would be great (if you are not sure about there being more than two genders please look up things like the hijra of India and Pakistan, transexuals etc.)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.524 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn