Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !

9 years 10 months ago #245222 by semco
Replied by semco on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !
After upgrading from 1.90 to 2.04 edit profile do not work

index.php/en/profile-edit

Fatal error: Cannot access protected property moscomprofilerFields::$_db in /home3/%%%%%/public_html/www.?????.ca/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpasswordstrength/cbpasswordstrength.php on line 20

Need help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago #245224 by semco
Replied by semco on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !
If I unpublished cb password strength works

cheers

9 years 10 months ago #245228 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !
I wondering if this new beta release can allow us to get different layout for userlist. Actually a list display only 1 user per line and my goal would be to get 2 or 3 user per line that mean to split users in 2 or 3 columns...

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #245229 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !

martinmg wrote: Hi,

I have a search box(Joomlas search) positioned at the top of my template. The search box is always available on the site.

Whenever I visit a page generated by com_comprofiler a search redirects me to my own user profile. I.e. if I list a user list from CB and use the search field I get no results, but instead I'm redirected to my personal profile page (regardless of what I'm searching for). If I make the same search from any other page/component (for example com_content) it works without any issue.

Looks like a bug in our system plugin. Navigate to Extensions > Plug-in Manager and disable "System - Community Builder" to quickfix the issue.

activha wrote: Installing over beta 3 gives :
Fatal error: Declaration of cbpaidTimed::get() must be compatible with CBLib\Database\Table\TableInterface::get($var, $def = NULL) in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/test.com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/models/misc/cbpaidTimed.php on line 500

Disabling cb paid extensions gives back backend access but frontend is of course unusable due to integration of cb paid extensions plugin

CBSubs requires a new release to be compatible with Beta 4. As explained CB 1.x plugins are not compatible with CB 2.0 and they will need new releases. This includes CBSubs. Please only use CB 2.0 with it self, attempting to use plugins that we have yet to fix is going to cause errors.

activha wrote: We have also noticed that when affecting an icon to a tab name, the icon is not translated in the back end which gives <i class="fa fa-picture-o fa-2x"></i> instead of the proper font awesome icon

We escape titles. You need to add custom HTML using a language string. Don't attempt to add the HTML directly as it's just going to get escaped. Example language key usage you can use.

'_MY_TAB_TITLE' => '<i class="fa fa-picture-o fa-2x"></i> Title'

You've then give your tab the title _MY_TAB_TITLE. Please do not use defines usage, we are phasing it out entirely. The above is key usage, with our language parsing handles fine.

semco wrote: If I unpublished cb password strength works

cheers

CB 1.x plugins are not compatible. Either unpublish them or uninstall them until they've new releases after CB 2.0 stable.

dotcom22 wrote: I wondering if this new beta release can allow us to get different layout for userlist. Actually a list display only 1 user per line and my goal would be to get 2 or 3 user per line that mean to split users in 2 or 3 columns...

Frontend is still hardcoded HTML and PHP. With CB 2.1 it will be XML with easy to use layouts, layout overrides, etc.. Currently userlists can be displayed as they traditionally have or as a grid. You of course can edit the default template PHP file to alter it to display however you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 10 months ago #245230 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !

You of course can edit the default template PHP file to alter it to display however you like.

I did not know this was possible... What is the file to alter and is location please? I suppose this is a core hack and my change will be lost when updating CB ?

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

9 years 10 months ago #245239 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !

activha wrote:
We have also noticed that when affecting an icon to a tab name, the icon is not translated in the back end which gives <i class="fa fa-picture-o fa-2x"></i> instead of the proper font awesome icon
We escape titles. You need to add custom HTML using a language string. Don't attempt to add the HTML directly as it's just going to get escaped. Example language key usage you can use.

'_MY_TAB_TITLE' => '<i class="fa fa-picture-o fa-2x"></i> Title'

You've then give your tab the title _MY_TAB_TITLE. Please do not use defines usage, we are phasing it out entirely. The above is key usage, with our language parsing handles fine.

We already used defines and language strings. What I mean is that this is working great on the front end but on the back the icon is not displayed, only the code.

We added strings both to admin_language.php and language.php in our language folder and nsfontawesome is loaded both on front and back end

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn