Community Builder 2.0 presented at Joomla! Day France

9 years 10 months ago #246127 by Joe Daddy
Two questions about 2.0

1 - What should we expect for update/converting experience 1.9.1 to 2.0?
2 - What 1.9.1 extensions/plugins will be a challenge for conversion?
3 - Is there an ETA for 2.0 general availability? Are we talking weeks, months or quarters? General notion of what to expect would be appreciated. Fully understand the issues with ensuring quality and stability are prime.

Respectfully,
Joe

Joe Daddy
Erie, CO
www.joe-daddy.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago #246142 by krileon

1 - What should we expect for update/converting experience 1.9.1 to 2.0?

We're doing our best to make this process as painless as possible. Any parameters that have changed we've made sure to migrate correctly in our installer. However, there are many API changes that could affect various plugins. As a result of this CB 1.x plugins are marked incompatible. They'll still run, but may not be entirely functional. CB 1.x plugins also can not install on CB 2.x. We're working on improving our legacy compatibility right now as well to make backwards compatibility even better.

2 - What 1.9.1 extensions/plugins will be a challenge for conversion?

All of them. They will all be upgraded after CB 2.0 has released. Most will receive a quick minor bug fix release to first address compatibility issues followed by new major releases.

3 - Is there an ETA for 2.0 general availability? Are we talking weeks, months or quarters? General notion of what to expect would be appreciated. Fully understand the issues with ensuring quality and stability are prime.

When it's done. We're not providing a release date as we're trying to ensure everything is done properly before going stable. We are however feature locked and should not be seeing any further features being added except what's already on our list found below unless we find it absolutely necessary to add.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/issues?query_id=51

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn