Community Builder 2.0 stable on October 9th

9 years 6 months ago #249745 by Kolibri
Replied by Kolibri on topic Community Builder 2.0 stable on October 9th
I waited months for such good news. What about cb conditional and cb privacy? Both are very important for my new project.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #249749 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 stable on October 9th

Kolibri wrote: I waited months for such good news. What about cb conditional and cb privacy? Both are very important for my new project.

I won't have their complete upgrades done in time. So they'll receive a minor bug fix release to be compatible with CB 2.0. Afterwards they'll receive full major upgrade releases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago #249757 by pepperstreet

nant wrote: So answer is: CBSubs GPL 4.0 (CB 2.0 compatible) will be available on October 9th along with CB 2.0.

Always forget about that little fact: It's just a plugin. :P ;)
Obviously a clear understatement! B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

9 years 6 months ago #249786 by kinwolf
Replied by kinwolf on topic Community Builder 2.0 stable on October 9th
I read a while ago that the team was working on some 1.9 -> 2.0 API compatibility layer. Is this implemented and working? Would current 3rd party extensions that integrate in CB 1.9 still work correctly under 2.0?

thanks!

9 years 6 months ago #249798 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 stable on October 9th

kinwolf wrote: I read a while ago that the team was working on some 1.9 -> 2.0 API compatibility layer. Is this implemented and working? Would current 3rd party extensions that integrate in CB 1.9 still work correctly under 2.0?

thanks!

Yes it's implemented, but it's not guarantee. We've tested compatibility against our own plugins and integrations and not against 3rd party so we've no idea if API a 3rd party plugin is using has been removed or not. Any 3rd party integrations or CB 1.x plugins should be upgrading their usages now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #249871 by pepperstreet
Hello, just a quick idea about the profile image gallery (avatars library). I think, it would be great for custom galleries, if it would display "attribution infos" i.e. Who is the author or original source. Why?

I was about to create a new collection from scratch, but I simply lack the free time to deliver a high quality work!
So, I searched around the net, and I quickly found A LOT of interesting free resources to create some very nice avatars. Many of them are free material or can be used and customized under certain license terms etc.

Is it possible to implement such a "copyright/license/attribution" display? Maybe an XML-file or something that is automatically picked-up on gallery display. A title, short description and a clickable link would be enough.

I guess, this is a nice little feature and a lot of fun. It will also encourage other people to contribute images/avatars.

What do you think?

---

BTW, I could also imagine high-quality commercial sets. There are many cool styles and collections in the usual stock-marketplaces. Buy an extended license, and then add them to CB adv/pro/dev subscriptions ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn