Community Builder 2.0 Released

9 years 6 months ago #250400 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Community Builder 2.0 Released

TheWholeNote wrote: I've attempted an install of 2.0 over 1.9 on a joomla 2.5.7 site with Php 5.3.3-7 and MySQL 5.7.13 and I am just getting a blank page after the install of com_comprofiler. I also get a blank page when I go to the Community Builder control panel via "components" in the admin side of things. The site seems to be running fine, but nothing CB related works now.

Anything I can send to help diagnose why this is happening?

Please make sure that you have also updated any of our add-ons to its latest version as indicated in this table:

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

If blank pages persist please follow our FAQ article on debugging blank pages:
www.joomlapolis.com/support/faq/101-support/18227-blank-page-issue

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #250402 by TheWholeNote
Replied by TheWholeNote on topic Community Builder 2.0 Released
Well, I tried installing all the other zip files in the package manually and now my entire site is broken... I'll have to get back to you when I figure out what you all have broken... Thanks...

9 years 6 months ago #250403 by nant

TheWholeNote wrote: Well, I tried installing all the other zip files in the package manually and now my entire site is broken... I'll have to get back to you when I figure out what you all have broken... Thanks...

What package?

There is only one installable package for CB 2.0.

9 years 6 months ago #250404 by TheWholeNote
In the tutorial for install it says to extract the main file and install each zip individually... So I did that and that's when everything broke... I am restoring last night's backup now and won't install CB until I am sure it will work... My own fault for trusting that I could install on a live server...

9 years 6 months ago #250405 by nant

TheWholeNote wrote: In the tutorial for install it says to extract the main file and install each zip individually... So I did that and that's when everything broke... I am restoring last night's backup now and won't install CB until I am sure it will work... My own fault for trusting that I could install on a live server...

Yup - never install anything on a live website unless you have previously tested on a backup site and even then take a backup before you start.

The tutorial you read is most likely about CB 1.9.1 which had modules and components packaged together.

CB 2.0 has a single Joomla installable package that you can install at once and it will install everything needed.

See the description here:

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/639-community-builder-20-stable

9 years 6 months ago #250406 by TheWholeNote
Ya, I tried that the first time and that's when I was getting the blank pages. So, I extracted and installed the individual packages which is when the entire site broke.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn