CB 2.0.3 Template CSS Overrides

9 years 2 weeks ago #262026 by treehstn
Replied by treehstn on topic CB 2.0.3 Template CSS Overrides
In the video in the first post above, at 1:33, he says "in the back end area" and then brings up another window. Where is this? I can't seem to find where the list of the directories and files are that he's showing in that screen.

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 weeks ago #262047 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB 2.0.3 Template CSS Overrides

treehstn wrote: In the video in the first post above, at 1:33, he says "in the back end area" and then brings up another window. Where is this? I can't seem to find where the list of the directories and files are that he's showing in that screen.

Thank you!

I am showing the filesystem of my website.

9 years 2 weeks ago #262052 by treehstn
Replied by treehstn on topic CB 2.0.3 Template CSS Overrides
I'm assuming that is the folder structure to where the Joomlapolis templates should be once everything is installed... I'm not finding anything close to that path in my installation. I've looked in the components, modules and plugins directories and the main templates directory. Has the path structure changed since the video was made?

Thanks!

9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #262068 by nant

treehstn wrote: I'm assuming that is the folder structure to where the Joomlapolis templates should be once everything is installed... I'm not finding anything close to that path in my installation. I've looked in the components, modules and plugins directories and the main templates directory. Has the path structure changed since the video was made?

Thanks!

The default CB 2.0.7 template is:

[your-site-root] / components / com_comprofiler / plugin / templates / default
The following user(s) said Thank You: treehstn

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #281998 by sekelfek
Replied by sekelfek on topic CB 2.0.3 Template CSS Overrides
OK. This is a solution. But a very extensive, which is equivalent to a new template.
Another, easier, solution I would prefer.

Why can not override.css by developers with in the default template?
Set there as the last CSS, so that it is loaded last, and possibly an EDIT-form in the admin area. (also there is the possibility of CSS "important!")
Thus, the style can be overridden.

Then I want to address the problem with the black standard avatars here in a moment. These are PNG black with transparency. In a black Joomla template you can not see it. For now specially create a new template? Without transparency (white) and a border the matter would be solved easily.

New templates and overrides are always worse than the originals because they are an update lock.

EDIT:
QUESTION: Is it a OVERRIDE or a new Template? Override the example-Template the default-Template?

7 years 10 months ago #282052 by nant
Any files not present in your new template will be taken from the default template.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn