GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #272240 by justbfleming
Replied by justbfleming on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing

krileon wrote:

Is there anyway to create a new tab within GJ like the ones that are there by default (about, event, photo, video, wall, etc.)

With API, yes.

As well, how can new public facing links be generated? In the old version it allowed the admin to create a frontend url. Will this feature be coming back?

Existing links will still work in RC (beta is missing this B/C) to an extent (will implement as much B/C as possible for them). New links can be created the same way CB 2.x plugin menus are created by creating a menu of type Community Builder > Plugin and selecting GJ (this is already implemented).

To clarify...when I say create a "public facing link"...I mean how can I create or generate a link like (mysite.com/greenvalleyhs) instead of (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=groups&func=show&cat=9&grp=1) for new groups that are created (each time that a new group is made)? Can an alias field be added into the new group creation page with an ajax checker?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #272262 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
CB component plugins don't have custom rewrite rules. We'll eventually extend our router so plugins can extend it further, but for now no you can't generate short URLs like that to GJ without the use of a 3rd party SEF extension, which lets you specify custom rewrite rules.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #272266 by Pachat
Replied by Pachat on topic Who should be allowed to reply in the Wall
I found that members of the group are not allowed to answer.
After clicking on "Reply" they get
Error
You do not have sufficient permissions to edit this post.

8 years 6 months ago #272297 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Who should be allowed to reply in the Wall

Pachat wrote: I found that members of the group are not allowed to answer.
After clicking on "Reply" they get
Error

You do not have sufficient permissions to edit this post.

That error can only display on Edit and not on Reply. Please verify the steps you're taking as I am unable to confirm your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #272358 by kosmos_
Replied by kosmos_ on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
Thanks again for the new version of component.

The question is how to translate in on russian language?

for example we need to translate 'Wall', 'Events', 'Videos', 'Photos' and 'Join'

Thanks.

8 years 6 months ago #272359 by nant
Replied by nant on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing

kosmos_ wrote: Thanks again for the new version of component.

The question is how to translate in on russian language?

for example we need to translate 'Wall', 'Events', 'Videos', 'Photos' and 'Join'

Thanks.

We have already created the relevant transifex projects.

Please contact the Russian coordinator Alex to assist him if possible.

Alex's profile is here:

www.joomlapolis.com/my-profile/userprofile/AlexSmirnov

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn