GroupJive 3.0 RC 1 released

8 years 5 months ago #273128 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive 3.0 RC 1 released

cheemak wrote: Thanks This is great, will give it a go ...

How does this work if you have nested categories / groups in 2.7?

I do use the nesting, so it is a shame that this is listed as having been dropped.

Nested categories/groups will automatically become parent categories/groups.

cheemak wrote: Will it be brought back in future releases?

No.

cheemak wrote: I personally don't think that you need to nest both cats and groups but at least being able to create a nested folder structure with the categories.

Its one of the features that we do use in our organisation.

Future tags functionality will improve this further, but nesting is not coming back. The performance of nesting is awful and was holding GJ back due to it. I apologize to anyone depending on nesting, but I'm sure there's something that can be configured to meet your needs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The topic has been locked.
8 years 5 months ago #273188 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic GroupJive 3.0 RC 1 released
Possible problem when I click on the logos of the people who posted or click on the users. I get a blank page.

Also had a look at URL and it redirects me to: saigon.international-friends.net/network/profile/userprofile/Simret85

even though it should direct me to saigon.international-friends.net/network/profile/Simret85

How do I easiest correct this?
8 years 5 months ago #273189 by timstohr
Also the thumbnails are pixely in the new group overview. I guess easiest would be to simply upload new pictures no?

Also... How can I make it mandatory that a logo has to be uploaded every time a group is created?
8 years 5 months ago #273190 by timstohr
PS: Notifications of posts do not show the message that was written in the forum you get notified about. In a previous post a year ago, you had written that it would be possible to have the message that was written in the notification once you turn off the #xxx numbers...
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #273191 by timstohr
Found another irregularity. In the CB activity post, it should say "xxxx has replied to a post in xxxxxxxx" instead of "xxxx has posted in xxxxx"

EDIT: Another question: How do I put up a module of upcoming events? There is no tab to choose the upcoming events in the GJ module anymore...

EDIT EDIT: How do you make a menu item with only the groups? ie a menu item that has only all the groups randomly sorted?

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Found it... The selector only shows up after save of the GroupJive Plugin menu...

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: The events start date selector prefills not with todays date but with Jan 2015 at 00:00. Shouldnt it pre-fill with todays date?

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: I like the attention to detail in the event menu but do the users really need to set the seconds of the event? Seems a bit like overkill...

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: How can I change the language constant for "Have a post to share?"? I cant seem to find it in the language override part of Joomla...
8 years 5 months ago #273204 by sysopcrew
Replied by sysopcrew on topic GroupJive 3.0 RC 1 released
That workaround worked for me. Thanks!

--
David Riviera
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn