New Joomlapolis Rocks !

7 years 9 months ago #282801 by allenjj
Replied by allenjj on topic New Joomlapolis Rocks !
Automatic update is great so long as there are not conflicts with other components and modules i have on the site. As someone who operates 3 versions of each of my sites (production which is for end users, QA which is for testing new upgrades prior to installing on my production site, and a development site where I try things out like new software options or different coding options). The auto updates are great once I have tested upgrades on my QA (Quality Assurance) site, but would be nice to see where the version numbers change so I can think about logging into QA to run the updates. Hope that makes sense. At least for me, the white on black version numbers is hard to read so maybe if that was different than the grid might not be as desirable for me at least.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #282805 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic [#6042] New Joomlapolis Rocks !

Automatic update is great so long as there are not conflicts with other components and modules i have on the site.

The updates aren't automated. You'll need to still download and install the latest release. It'll simply let you know when there is a newer release.

but would be nice to see where the version numbers change

The current plugin version is in the version column or in plugin edit view. The mouseover version is the latest release. You'll be able to compare them that way. In addition to this our downloads page has full version history selection. This means you can click the dropdown and see the versions as they progress and download an older release if needed.

Hope that makes sense. At least for me, the white on black version numbers is hard to read so maybe if that was different than the grid might not be as desirable for me at least.

Have added a ticket for package builder to make the font larger for the label usages. This should solve the visibility issues. A separate page with a grid is not happening. We've no desire to bring back a page we had to manually maintain. Package builder is entirely automated; we simply upload the files and it entirely handles it.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6042

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat, allenjj

7 years 9 months ago #282808 by allenjj
Replied by allenjj on topic [#6042] New Joomlapolis Rocks !
That makes sense as I wouldnt want to manually maintain something either. Fixing the visibility will help me a lot at least. Everything else looks great.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn