Language Overrides have arrived!

7 years 6 months ago #286415 by krileon

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tjohns92109

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #286416 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Language Overrides have arrived!
Very interesting, could you precise if this works for the main CB language file or also for alll plugins files ?
What happens to the cbplugin folder located in fr-fr folder for instance ? and what happens to the cblanguageoverride-language.php file ?
Does it mean that cbplugin folder will now only receive the "regular" translations and that we can add all strings to the language override that you explain in this article ?

Thanks for all the good work :)

7 years 5 months ago #286419 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Language Overrides have arrived!
Works for all language plugins. Including CBSubs language plugins. It will generate the override.php file and load it for the respective language if present.

If you are using the language override workaround plugin then move "cblanguageoverride-language.php" to the root of your language plugins folder and rename it to "override.php" then uninstall the language override plugin. Your language overrides should be working fine still and more reliably. You no longer need that plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #287783 by wrongjon
Replied by wrongjon on topic Language Overrides have arrived!
Hi
I've upgraded to very latest CB 2.0.15 and even though I've cleared cache and am super user when i go to CB plugins and edit the Default English Language I do not see the new overrides tab?

What am I doing wrong? am I missing a step to get that activated?

thank you

7 years 4 months ago #287789 by MMDoege
Replied by MMDoege on topic Language Overrides have arrived!
Hello wrongjon,

you just have to go to the language plugin you wanna have an override for english dafault.
Eg. if you require a french translation for a given language key then edit "fr-FR" language plug-in.
When having a 3rd. language just put the same language key in and the localization specific to plug-in.

Michael.

7 years 4 months ago #287791 by wrongjon
Replied by wrongjon on topic Language Overrides have arrived!
Hi

Thanks but when i go to the CB plugins and edit the language plugin for default english I only see two tabs on that edit screen

Overrides in not showing as a tab so I cant do anything?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn