What am I working on?

6 years 5 months ago #299628 by krileon

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299629 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic What am I working on?
Time for an update! I've the new notification API implemented and functioning well. Backend management of notifications is also implemented. The usage of notifications is system generated only (you can not create a notification outside of API). Global notifications are also implemented by creating an asset of global, which will display to every user (but they can't delete it; only the person who owns it or a moderator can).

A lot of other improvements are coming like display improvements with comment, tagged, etc.. activity. New override parameters have also been implemented for activity. What these overrides do for example is let you force off commenting for a specific activity entry or override the asset for the commenting of an activity entry. That may not seam too exciting, but it's a huge help if you're generating custom activity, but don't want to process its display.

Another great new feature is messageless meaningful posts. This means when posting on a stream you can bypass needing to supply a message if you add a link, location, or action to it. This also works if you're uploading using CB Gallery integration. In short you can upload a photo and not have to include a message; just upload and post.

A lot more is still on the way. Check out progress below!

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb-activity/issues?query_id=111

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat, JoaoTapuia

6 years 4 months ago #300117 by krileon
Just another update. Still progressing here. Notifications are doing well and numerous improvements to other streams API has also been implemented. Activity streams due to the separate notifications API are approximately 30-40% faster.

You'll also be able to display Likes, Follows, and Notifications as streams instead of just buttons. So you can have a Likes stream as a module for example showing the people who liked the module in addition to the button.

There are now layout modes for Activity and Comments streams. The default layout is of course Stream, but you can also select Button and Toggle. Button layout will display the stream in a popup modal window after clicking the button. Toggle will replace the button with the stream after clicking as an inline ajax replace usage.

You can now create menu items to Comments, Likes, and Following streams. Not 100% sure why you'd want to, but you can lol.

There's not a lot left to go so we're almost there! I've been doing significant amount of retesting to ensure your streams will continue to function fine.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb-activity/issues

After the remaining above tickets are completed I will be working on new build releases of CB GroupJive, CB Gallery, and CB Auto Actions to make use of the new notifications API. Especially CB Auto Actions as the Activity action certainly will need improvements.

I'm hoping for a late release next week, but it depends on what issues I run into along the way so no promises! Sorry!

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat, nant

6 years 4 months ago #300193 by krileon
Another big improvement almost done. Basically it's activity grouping within the same stream. If there's activity comment, tag, of like on the same stream it will try to group them together as long as they are within 10 days of each other. Below is an example of this in action.

For example if you've 6 friends who commented on an activity entry it creates 6 comment activity (if this system action is enabled). Currently you'd just have all 6 displayed. With the above implementation it'll try to group all of these together within a 10 day limit (this is all a part of the core activity template file so you'll be able to change it as desired).

It still has some work to go (the more link will be a modal popup and show the most recent 30ish users), but this should certainly improve the UX of comment, tagged, and liked, activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat, nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn