Error on Plugins after update

15 years 7 months ago #76424 by MADKing
Error on Plugins after update was created by MADKing
Hi,

I did every step what is described in the readme.txt but I can not re-install my plugins.

When I try to re-install I get errors: (Yes I deinstalled first)
Admin->Components->Community Builder->PluginManagement

[code:1]SQL Error DB function failed with error number 1062
Duplicate entry[/code:1]

I have a couple of hundreds member and I do not want to loose anything in my DB.

Please help!

Thnx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #76433 by nant

15 years 7 months ago #76436 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:Error on Plugins after update
What did you "de-install" first; the plugins? From item 2) in the readme file:

NOTE: Don't uninstall CB plugins (this will keep their parameters).

Luckily you backed up your DB first. You should be able to restore to where you started and follow process again without uninstalling the plugins.

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

15 years 7 months ago #76445 by MADKing
Replied by MADKing on topic Re:Error on Plugins after update
nant wrote:

which plugins?

please share with us...

UPS, Sorry forgot...

plug_cbprofileflagsv1_0_7

15 years 7 months ago #76449 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Error on Plugins after update
Error appears pretty obvious to me. You've got a duplicate entry in your database that needs to be cleaned.

Most likely that plugin is not setup to drop it's table upon uninstall and is not setup to INSERT the table again, but rather create it. Well it can't create a table that's already there. So it'll read out a duplicate error.

Upload your plugin and I'll take a look at it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 7 months ago #76476 by MADKing
Replied by MADKing on topic Re:Error on Plugins after update
OK. I restored my DB and copied the CB files again.
I installed the new CB again and did everything what the readme says, again, now I get red X on my plugins and can not open it when I click on it.

Post edited by: MADKing, at: 2008/10/06 04:30

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn