LOGIN PROBLEM

15 years 6 months ago #77990 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:LOGIN PROBLEM
My guess is that the *login* problem could be related to this:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,64/id,77852/#77852

Please try checking what your live_site setting is, and after "unsuccessful" login, to put your browser with the live_site url to check if you aren't by chance logged in fine to live_site url...

Please confirm findings here, and we will see how we can address that joomla sessions cookie problem.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #77992 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:LOGIN PROBLEM
rhdfranchising wrote:

I've upgraded from CB 1.1 to 1.2 RC3, with Joomla 1.5.7 in legacy mode. Nothing happens when I try to login or retrieve a lost password.
I've tried unpublishing all my extra plugins, and ~I've turned error reporting to maximum. When I try to login this error message appears: Notice: Undefined property: JParameter::$text in /home/foodandd/public_html/plugins/content/cb_profile.php on line 35

Could you please detail what happens exactly regarding the "lost password" workflow ? that's a different issue, than login...

As we have the 2 problems mixed in here, please open a new thread for the lost password problem with reference to url of this thread, and post url of new thread in here for cross-reference ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #77996 by mogaka
Replied by mogaka on topic Re:LOGIN PROBLEM
That did the trick :woohoo: I've changed my settings so that my URLs redirect to "non www" URLs and the login issue is now gone.

Thank you so much.

15 years 6 months ago #78011 by progressionsp
Replied by progressionsp on topic Re:LOGIN PROBLEM
I don't know if my problem is the same as the others posted. I am using Joomla 1.5.7 and CB 1.2 RC3. The site has been working fine without any hangups, until just recently. When users on IE attempt to login, you get a popup window that says:

"Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site www.domainname.com/index.php"
Operation Aborted

And then they get kicked out. However, in the backend it says that the user is logged in.

Is this the same error that others are having? If so, what do I do to fix it? Sorry... newbie here. Thanks

15 years 6 months ago #78312 by howhite
Replied by howhite on topic Re:LOGIN PROBLEM
I am also having this problem. The registration page comes up with nothing to fill in, just a register button. I've looked up and down these forum and have yet to find a definitive solution. It would really be nice to get some positive feedback on this SERIOUS issue.:blink:

Joomla 1.5.7

15 years 6 months ago #78342 by howhite
Replied by howhite on topic LOGIN PROBLEM/ missing Mod_Login (SOLVED)
After several scary and grueling hours, I found a solution here:

Missing Registration fields

Works correctly now.

It looks like I either deleted the joomla mod_login module or something else happened to it. Could this be affecting registration problem. Again, I'm want to use the CB Login...

Click register...register page appears...only see register button, icon explanations, NO fields for visitor to fill out appear.:huh:

Post edited by: howhite, at: 2008/10/27 17:07

Post edited by: howhite, at: 2008/10/27 17:09

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds