RC of CB Ajax File Field Plugin for CB 1.2.1 Released for Doc Subscribers

14 years 8 months ago #107645 by beat
This thread discusses the Content article: RC of CB Ajax File Field Plugin for CB 1.2.1 Released for Doc Subscribers

A few things worth knowing about CB ajax file plugin:
  • you can switch ajax on or off (making the plugin similar to images/avatar in its behavior).
  • files are stores in userid folders located at images-> comprofiler -> plug_cbfilefield
  • no backend view but you can use CB User Management to go into specific user profile in backend and see the file field (and file)
  • reinstalling/uninstalling the plugin does not remove all the files but it will unpublish the actual cb field (until plugin is reinstalled)
  • but deleting a user from CB users backend does drop this user's files
  • this plugin has been developed by the CB Development Team, in this case Kyle (krileon, thank you Kyle B) ) and myself.
  • Thanks also to the co-sponsoring of a fellow Joomlapolitan, who paid for a part of the development costs (THANK you ! B) ).
  • We are also very excited by the growth of the CB dev team, which is possible thanks to donations, documentation subscriptions, and CBSubs sales. Thanks to all who support our work and to those who contribute in various ways to the project.
  • There are quite a few other plugins which are currently in review and tests, as well as next the CB and CBSubs releases as well. Keep tuned on our homepage, and follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/joomlapolis .

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #107904 by spaecman
Hello BEat,

When you say that ajax can be turned on/off, and used like gallery plugin, do you mean that the image will appear on the field ? (like with the image field ?)

When you say like avatars, is it really like that ? because i think avatars have a kind of "double link" (something like "cb_avatar", and "cb_avatarapproved", the latter one being the one to use in, for example, a html file populated with CB fields (i never managed to use cb_avatar and have an image appear, only "cb_avatarapproved" will work))...

I know i should try (i tried with a jpg and i just had a link with the filename, but not the image itself - which i didn't expect to have except good surprise that i wasn't waiting for anyway :-) ).

Lots of questions, but i just saw your post and it fired all those questions in my head :-)

Thanks for the field, it is a cool one !

Mehdi

Post edited by: spaecman, at: 2009/08/13 10:19

14 years 8 months ago #108053 by socialfan
Just wanted to express my gratitude to you guys.

Your continues developments are making CB and CBSubs to one big powerful software suit. And the best thing, anything you release is QUALITY and stable.

Keep on rolling you guys rock.

14 years 8 months ago #108152 by turlogh
hi,

When i publish the plugin, registration is not working any more...

I use it with Proma 2.2 ( www.cmstiger.com )stable without ioncube, and with CB 1.2.1 stable

can you help me please ? :( :(

Post edited by: turlogh, at: 2009/08/17 13:59

14 years 8 months ago #108655 by Mandig
Hi I just have a very simple problem with this plug-in: I can't download it.

When I try to download it I get the file field plugin intead.

Can you please check ?

Thanks. ;)

14 years 8 months ago #108656 by nant
Mandig wrote:

Hi I just have a very simple problem with this plug-in: I can't download it.

When I try to download it I get the file field plugin intead.

Can you please check ?

Thanks. ;)

The file field plugin is what this is ...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.567 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn