CB Facebook Connect Plugin 1.0 RC3 and CB Twitter Connect 1.0 RC2 Released

13 years 11 months ago #134340 by krileon
ingeniousity wrote:

I'm sorry, guys, but I'm a retard. I followed the instructions in the documentation to the letter, twice, and each time I got the following error:

API Error Code: 100
API Error Description: Invalid parameter
Error Message: next is not owned by the application.

Do I have to turn the caps lock off again, or is it something even simpler?

NuPotato.com

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,117/id,134338/#134338

Appears to be same or similar issue. You've two instances of Facebook JS API being loaded (two separate FB integrations).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #134355 by ingeniousity
krileon wrote:

Appears to be same or similar issue. You've two instances of Facebook JS API being loaded (two separate FB integrations).

Could you say that in English? Do you mean that I have two things on Joomla trying to access one on Facebook, or two things on Facebook?

I just deleted my one and only Facebook API, the one I created by following the instructions in the plugin. I also uninstalled the plugin, then started again.

That seems to have done the trick, but I also needed to change the Connect URL to include 'www' as well as the trailing '/' - that may be worth mentioning in the instructions.

A couple of other things came up:
1. I have a message "Enter Security Code" in the login box, above the button. What's that all about? how do I get rid of it?
2. I'm using Firefox, but 48% of my site users are still on IE6. I just tried with that browser and got a message telling me I can't create a user with that access level, only super-admins can do that. Is it trying to create a new user? Is it an IE issue? How would I test it to figure out what's going on?

Thanks
Chris

13 years 11 months ago #134476 by krileon

Could you say that in English? Do you mean that I have two things on Joomla trying to access one on Facebook, or two things on Facebook?

You have two extensions using two different Facebook APIs, that was the conflict.

That seems to have done the trick, but I also needed to change the Connect URL to include 'www' as well as the trailing '/' - that may be worth mentioning in the instructions.

This is dependent on your sites URL. This is explained within the documentation and the step by step instructions provided within the parameters of the plugin.

1. I have a message "Enter Security Code" in the login box, above the button. What's that all about? how do I get rid of it?

Edit the CB Captcha plugin and disable the display of the title within login module.

2. I'm using Firefox, but 48% of my site users are still on IE6. I just tried with that browser and got a message telling me I can't create a user with that access level, only super-admins can do that. Is it trying to create a new user? Is it an IE issue? How would I test it to figure out what's going on?

IE6 is too old to be compatible with the JS. It's time to upgrade, recommend adding a banner advising users to upgrade. It's unavoidable as time progresses and so does technology that older browsers will be phased out. This error however do not believe is related to IE. What is happening is the $_CB_Framework->getCfg( 'new_usertype' ) is returning NULL on some users installs; we've yet to determine why.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #136659 by lazlo_hollifeld
I'm also having this same problem (and have seen posts of others too) and am also struggling to understand the solution you've mentioned. When you say that I have two extensions using two different Facebook APIs, how could that be? The only thing even vaguely Facebook related that I have installed is the CB Facebook Connect Plugin. I've also only have one Application on Facebook, the one I followed the steps in the .pdf to set up. I've copied and pasted the API key and secret key to only one location - the CB Facebook Connect Plugin. So what other Facebook API could be being used? For what it's worth, Twitter Connect works perfectly. Thanks for any help!

13 years 10 months ago #136686 by krileon
Please PM backend Joomla login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

13 years 7 months ago #142804 by interstruif
Is there some translation of this plugin? I'm searching for a dutch version. That would be easier for my visitors fron Belgium and the Netherlands...
thanks in advance!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn