ERROR: Could not find an XML setup file in the package

14 years 7 months ago #110839 by artcop
mediaguru wrote:

You shouldn't be able to upload/install the file which ends in "unzip1st" as it is an archive containing other archives to be installed.

Thank you for repeating that yet again. I think we're all in agreement here that you are correct.

Can we move on to the real problem people are having and get a new person to respond this time?
The topic has been locked.
14 years 7 months ago #110840 by mediaguru
artcop, you need an attitude adjustment...

I'll put you on my ignore list from now on. I won't bother attempting to help you if you post any other problems or questions.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !
14 years 7 months ago #111738 by redneck8
i have the same issues when trying to install cb plugins, i have the latest joomla 1.5, cb is installed and working perfectly, and i install using the cb plug in manager .....some plugins i have gotten to install but other won't because of the xml issue , and i have tried everything i can personally think of , i am a novice to joomla and cb .....im oldschool , i admit it ...this is all new to me ......considering becoming a doc member but if i can't install plugins and gonna have these serious issues with limited customization im gonn have to find another route .....im sorry if i come across rude but from what ive read , i havnt seen a single viable solution , just questions asked to questions and answers pertaining to other requests
14 years 7 months ago #111740 by Rapunzl
redneck8, if you receive this message, you need to try the appropriate installer. CB plugins are installed through CB Plugin Manager, and Joomla plugins are installed through the Joomla Install/Uninstall.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction
14 years 7 months ago #111744 by nant
Locking this thread - waste of time answering the same question over and over again...
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn