user email activation problem

15 years 4 months ago #81654 by kubbah
user email activation problem was created by kubbah
from gew days I have the problem with user confirmation
the emails are not sended
so the users can not confirm
so.. i reinstalled the rc4 hoping to solve it.. but nothing .. any sugestions??
thnx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #81673 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:user email activation problem
kubbah wrote:

from gew days I have the problem with user confirmation
the emails are not sended
so the users can not confirm
so.. i reinstalled the rc4 hoping to solve it.. but nothing .. any sugestions??
thnx

Are e-mails being sent from your site at all? If you have no other program to test then try using the Mass Mailer built into Joomla to mail only the super administrators (your self).

If no mail is going out and this only happened recently, but worked in the past then it's possible you've reached your outbound mail limit for your webhost as some do cap this off.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #81689 by kubbah
Replied by kubbah on topic Re:user email activation problem
thnx 4 answering
no.. my mass email are working good.. only
the registration emails are not sended...

15 years 4 months ago #81696 by kubbah
Replied by kubbah on topic Re:user email activation problem
now it works
it was a problem with my smtp server configuration..
now it's good

... but the mass emails was working...
strange

15 years 4 months ago #82030 by fugly
Replied by fugly on topic Re:user email activation problem
I too am having this same problem -am using CB 1.2 RC4 and J! 1.5.8. Mass mail and all other J1 internal user mail functions work 100% but sadly CB mailer is working 0%. The addresses etc. are all set as they are in J!, I've attached a screenshot of my J! config - I applied the attached securemail fix to allow J! to use ssl/tls.. Is there not a feature in CB to have the option of re-using the joomla mail server settings(as I cant see one) or even the same settings replicated internallay to the CB system? Sadly without a solution to users not getting a confirmation e-mail I wont be able to use CB - and the rest of the package is fantastic!! It has all set up and ran like a perfect dream - well done to all involved in development indeed.

Any thoughts / ways round allowing CB to use joomlas settings or even a patch to add SMTP functions to CB???

I eagearly wait any responses and thoughts or even help!!!! If needed I'm willing to create a temp admin login for any assistance from any reputable guru's on here!!

attachments: J! mail server settings image + secure mail zip that akllows SSL/TLS in J! core

Attachment joomla_1-97a4dfd2bfafb048f1728e010d35ea7e.zip not found

Attachments:

15 years 4 months ago #82045 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:user email activation problem
CB doesn't support Core Modifications to either Joomla or CB.

If you'd like to make custom additions to the mailer you can find the files here:
[code:1]/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/phpmailer/[/code:1]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn