user email activation problem

15 years 4 months ago #82087 by fugly
Replied by fugly on topic Re:user email activation problem
Sadly my knowledge of programming is extremely limited so I wouldn't even know where to start of creating my own addon for CB for tihs to work! I was just enquiring if SMTP mail was an option that I had somehow already overlooked or if anyone else knew how to tell CB to use the J! mail settings...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #82095 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:user email activation problem
fugly wrote:

Sadly my knowledge of programming is extremely limited so I wouldn't even know where to start of creating my own addon for CB for tihs to work! I was just enquiring if SMTP mail was an option that I had somehow already overlooked or if anyone else knew how to tell CB to use the J! mail settings...

I believe CB supports SMTP, but not the additional modifications you've made to your Joomla core. These changes are likely causing an issue between the two. Try SMTP without the changes to see if it functions properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #82101 by fugly
Sadly - again!! - the SMTP server I am using requires an SSL connection and this isn't included in the Joomla core as standard yet. From what I gather the hack I've added only adds the cosmetic changes to the settings form in the admin panel and adds the extra checks to the phpmailer.php and smtp.php.

Can you reccommend any other free mailserver I can use that doesn't use SSL?

At this point I'd also like to thank you for your speedy help to date.

15 years 4 months ago #82103 by krileon
fugly wrote:

Sadly - again!! - the SMTP server I am using requires an SSL connection and this isn't included in the Joomla core as standard yet. From what I gather the hack I've added only adds the cosmetic changes to the settings form in the admin panel and adds the extra checks to the phpmailer.php and smtp.php.

Can you reccommend any other free mailserver I can use that doesn't use SSL?

At this point I'd also like to thank you for your speedy help to date.

Not that I know of.

Should be able to just use PHP Mailer function just fine. Pretty much every web host supports it.

You can show a great deal of thanks by joining me and many others as a documents subscriber. You'll also find much more incite into many features presented with community builder in the documents. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #82109 by fugly
As I host the site myself I dont seem to support it as I've tried the phpmailer quite a few times!

As for subscribing - I'll have to wait until after christmas before I go spending on luxuries - kids are very expensive things!!! :P

15 years 4 months ago #82114 by krileon
fugly wrote:

As I host the site myself I dont seem to support it as I've tried the phpmailer quite a few times!

As for subscribing - I'll have to wait until after christmas before I go spending on luxuries - kids are very expensive things!!! :P

Aaa, yes most install packages for self hosting servers don't have phpmailer setup already. Do a google for "install phpmailer YOURSERVERPACKAGE". You should be able to easily find some instructions to get it up and going.

Indeed they are. Got 2 little ones of my own. Seams like that Christmas list just grows and grows every year, lol.

However be careful as generally security is a huge concern when hosting by your self and allowing phpmailer. As it leaves room for injection hacking.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/12/12 03:12

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn