Error on Profile-Update

15 years 4 months ago #82993 by verloren
Error on Profile-Update was created by verloren
Hey all, i hope you can help me. It's the first time, that i created my own template....and it's the first time that i use Joomla. So, all is a little new for me.

I downloaded and installed the latest Joomla-version (1.5.8) without problems. Then i tried to setup CBE, but it always ended with a white site. So i tried CB 1.2 RC4 and it worked without problems until now.

I have a MySQL-Dump from a Joomla(Mambo, whatever)-Installation from 2005. This installation worked fine until now. I can't tell you exactly what i did, but i first compared the database-content from the old dump with my empty-brand-new-installation. Then i renamed a few INSERT-commands in my dump and i imported it. Now i habe all 140 user in the new installation. All user have their own profile-picture. They all can log in, write Private Messages, they can use the installed Phoca-Gallery. Everything works fine......

But a few minutes ago, i tried to change a detail in my profile. I clicked on my picture, clicked on "edit profile" (i have the german version, so i hope that my translation is not too wrong ;) ) and changed my real name. Then i clicked on "save". The browser tried to load "index.php/profil" and aborted it after about 1 or 2 seconds with the error-message:
"This username/password is already in use. Please try another one".
Here the original, german error-message:
"Dieser/s Benutzername/Passwort wird bereits benutzt. Bitte versuchen Sie etwas anderes."

Then i tried to do it again, but this time, without any changes......click on "edit" and then on "save".....same error-message.

I really hope you can help me.

Thank you.

Uli

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #83040 by verloren
Replied by verloren on topic Re:Error on Profile-Update
No one here who knows this problem?

I can't give public access to this site without solving this problem.....

Pleeeeease, any suggestions!?

Uli

15 years 4 months ago #83043 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Error on Profile-Update
verloren wrote:

No one here who knows this problem?

I can't give public access to this site without solving this problem.....

Pleeeeease, any suggestions!?

Uli

Have you ran the CB tools to check for any errors? Components -> Community Builder -> Tools.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #83045 by verloren

Have you ran the CB tools to check for any errors? Components -> Community Builder -> Tools.

Yes, several times. All lines are green, so all seems to be ok. :(

15 years 4 months ago #83047 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Error on Profile-Update
verloren wrote:

Yes, several times. All lines are green, so all seems to be ok. :(

The link it points to is index.php/profil? Is your sef setup correctly to redirect to the proper page?

Does this error happen for new users who registered via CB registration or just those you imported?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #83048 by verloren

Does this error happen for new users who registered via CB registration or just those you imported?

Yeah, i think that's the right way.....i registered a new account and then tried to change a few things in profile. It worked without problems....

So i checked the database and compared two entries: The new one and one of the old ones. The only difference i could find, is in table 'jos_users' . The password is a little different. The working one is 'value1:value2', the corrupt one is 'value1'. The values look like md5-crypted values.....

All other tables(jos_comprofiler, jos_core_acl_aro, jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map) have identical entries.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn