Request Friend issue in IE7

15 years 4 months ago #84680 by will_roche
Request Friend issue in IE7 was created by will_roche
Hi all,

Can somebody PLEASE help me.
I am having a problem with the Request Friend tool in Community Builder.
It appears to work once and then I get an error.
It works fine in FF.
In a desperate hurry to fix this so I can launch my site and not get sacked! :unsure:
My template uses mootools and i am also using jquery.
I have seen some posts that say its a problem with their templates but that's not really a help to me.

When I hover the mouse over the Request Connection option in IE7 i get a javascript:void(0) at the bottom of the screen, then when I click I get an error "object doesn't support this property or method"

I'm using Joomla 1.5, CB 1.2 and my template is MYBlog from youjoomla

Any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #84683 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Request Friend issue in IE7
will_roche wrote:

Hi all,

Can somebody PLEASE help me.
I am having a problem with the Request Friend tool in Community Builder.
It appears to work once and then I get an error.
It works fine in FF.
In a desperate hurry to fix this so I can launch my site and not get sacked! :unsure:
My template uses mootools and i am also using jquery.
I have seen some posts that say its a problem with their templates but that's not really a help to me.

When I hover the mouse over the Request Connection option in IE7 i get a javascript:void(0) at the bottom of the screen, then when I click I get an error "object doesn't support this property or method"

I'm using Joomla 1.5, CB 1.2 and my template is MYBlog from youjoomla

Any suggestions?

Sounds like a javascript conflict. Does the link work using default template?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #84744 by will_roche
Replied by will_roche on topic Re:Request Friend issue in IE7
Hey Krileon,

Yea, that seems to be the problem alright.
When I set the template back to the default, it works fine.
Now the problem is just to fix the javascript problem with my template, which i'm sure, wont be an easy task!

thanks for your help!

15 years 2 months ago #89945 by sorema
Replied by sorema on topic Re:Request Friend issue in IE7
i'm using luna template for CB and even if i switch it on default one doesn't work it gives the same error.

what shall i do?

15 years 2 months ago #89947 by will_roche
Replied by will_roche on topic Re:Request Friend issue in IE7
From what i found, this problem was caused by mootools and jQuery.noConflict()

When you click Request Connection, a pop-up box is launched where you can enter a personal message for the person you are connecting to.

This pop-up box is what is causing the problem. I had the same problem when testing a similar feature in JoomSocial.

I fixed this by checking the source of the jScript by loading my site in Firefox and then using the firebug plugin to inspect the source for Request Friend then go to the code in question and remove the bit related to the pop-up box.

It works fine for me now albeit without the personal message but you could live without that ;)

Hope this is of some help

Will

15 years 2 months ago #89956 by sorema
Replied by sorema on topic Re:Request Friend issue in IE7
i can live without the personal message of course but it's the same error for profilebook for the feedback...and i CAN't live without!! :(

(in firefox works perfectly)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn