500 Server Error when clicking Register

14 years 4 months ago #120923 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:500 Server Error when clicking Register
Regarding your PHP version, 5.2.6 is minimum, 5.2.10 or higher (but not 5.3 yet) is suggested. Please upgrade your PHP version to see if this helps.

Edit: Looked again at previous post and saw there is no / between directories... something is wrong there, whether it's PHP related or something else.

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2010/01/06 16:04

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #120986 by lceola
Replied by lceola on topic Re:500 Server Error when clicking Register
I will attempt to upgrade the PHP to 5.2.10 in the next few days.

I find it illogical that it would be a PHP issue when, as said before, we have CB working without issue on other sites on this server.

also- i'm not sure what you meant by

"Edit: Looked again at previous post and saw there is no / between directories... something is wrong there, whether it's PHP related or something else."

Thanks!

edit:
I'm not sure i'll be able to upgrade the PHP version. As i'm using a 64bit platform, i chose to use the 64bit version of PHP from www.fusionxlan.com/PHPx64.php instead of the standard PHP. At this time, it would basically require me to reconfigure my entire webserver to change to the 32bit version, something i am not willing to do. It doesn't appear as though there has been a change to the 64bit package recently. I do not know how long it would take for it to be updated to match the recent versions of 32bit php

Post edited by: lceola, at: 2010/01/06 22:23

Larry

14 years 4 months ago #121195 by lceola
Rapunzl wrote:

Edit: Looked again at previous post and saw there is no / between directories... something is wrong there, whether it's PHP related or something else.

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2010/01/06 16:04

I think i just realized what you were referring to there- the error code i posted? I think the forum stripped out the \'s as they are present in the error code as displayed in the browser

[code:1]PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in
D:\inetpub\cavalierauto.com\administrator\components\com_comprofiler\comprofiler.class.php
on line 1021 PHP Notice: Undefined index: d in
D:\inetpub\cavalierauto.com\administrator\components\com_comprofiler\comprofiler.class.php
on line 1042 [/code:1]

Larry

14 years 4 months ago #121562 by lceola
Ok, I believe I have narrowed down the issue.

Since CB is working just fine on all of my sites except this one (about 4 others), I knew it couldn't be a PHP issue.

I went on the server and created a totally new joomla site with CB installed (built it from a template site that we created). Fully functional install of joomla & CB.

I Then went and copied all of the files/folders from the live site that is having this issue to the new test site (except the config file). CB's registration function still worked.

I Next restored the joomla site database for the live site to the test site. As expected, the registration no longer worked.

I reverted back to a working database and then began restoring the live site database to the test site one table at a time, hoping to nail down a specific table that breaks it.

Turns out, when i restore the table "jos_comprofiler_fields" the CB user registration breaks.

So this tells me its either an issue in that table, or we have a field that it doesn't like at all. We are in the process of disabling all the registration fields (at which point it worked, on the live site) and will turn them back on one at a time until we find the culprit.

Larry

14 years 4 months ago #121563 by lceola
Looks like it is the birthday field. With birthday shown on registration, but not required it works fine. With birthday shown AND required it does NOT work. This seems to be the issue!

Larry

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn