Smooth install / Only one problem

15 years 3 months ago #86739 by bjzdesign
Smooth install / Only one problem was created by bjzdesign
Hi gang,

I did a clean install of 1.2 last night and everything is working like a charm with the exception of the email feature. I read through the .txt file that comes with the installation and followed it to a tee, but when I have someone test the registration process they do not receive an authorization email.

They do show up under the "CB User Manager" waiting to be confirmed, but the administrator (me in this case) would never know as I do not receive an email either.

I will continue to research, but any guidance would be most appreciated.

Regards,
Bryan Z

On a personal level, "Freaking Out" is a process whereby an individual casts off outmoded and restricting standards of thinking, dress, and social etiquette in order to express CREATIVELY his relationship to his immediate environment and
the social structure as a whole. - Frank Zappa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #86740 by bjzdesign
Replied by bjzdesign on topic Re:Smooth install / Only one problem
Hi Gang,

On a side note, I know that CB mail integrates with Joomla mail. I have the global config set to php mail and was curious if this may be causing a problem?

Regards,
Bryan Z
---

On a personal level, "Freaking Out" is a process whereby an individual casts off outmoded and restricting standards of thinking, dress, and social etiquette in order to express CREATIVELY his relationship to his immediate environment and

15 years 3 months ago #86743 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Smooth install / Only one problem
It should be set to PHPMailer as you've done. Ensure you have properly setup the welcome/details e-mails as well as turned confirmation on from your CB backend configuration at: Components->Community Builder->Configuration->Registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #86775 by bjzdesign
Hi Krileon,

Thank you for your reply.

I am not sure what you mean by "turned confirmation on", so I have attached a screenshot of my settings. If you would be so kind as to take a look to make sure there is nothing I may have overlooked, it would be most appreciated.

Regards,
Bryan Z
----

Post edited by: bjzdesign, at: 2009/01/27 15:34

Attachments:

15 years 3 months ago #86783 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Smooth install / Only one problem
You have set email confirmation on... have you checked Joomla massmail to see if that works? If it does, email is set up right.

Have you changed the default email that's sent? It's at the bottom of the screenshot you posted, but that part is cut off.

Just saw what may be your problem... you have email nan@administrator.com ... that should be a valid email address for your site.

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2009/01/27 16:45

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 3 months ago #86801 by bjzdesign
Hi Jamie,

Thank you so much for the reply. I tried the massmail function, but do not have any groups yet as the site has not gone live.

I have attached a screenshot containing the remainder of my previous post. I am not sure what you are referring to by "default email."

When you say "valid email address", do you mean valid as in containing the domain name or just a valid email address period?

Sorry for all of the questions.

Regards,
Bryan

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn