Profile View

15 years 3 months ago #86852 by bspisak
Profile View was created by bspisak
When a user is not logged in, there is still <div> for conteneurmenu that renders a space with nothing in it on the user profile page.

How can I get rid of this space when the user is not logged in? I can't follow the code deep enough to find the place to make conditional with a user being logged in.

Thanks for any help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #87059 by bspisak
Replied by bspisak on topic Re:Profile View
Hi again,

Just to clarify, this isn't a simple CSS or HTML issue. The output for the profile is generated in a way that makes it very difficult to find. I've firebugged the page and found the relavent code sections, but it's kinda ugly.

Can a developer or someone in the know help?

Thanks!

15 years 3 months ago #87080 by deni_hanca
Replied by deni_hanca on topic Re:Profile View
Hi.. I'm a little puzzled here..:dry:

When a user is not logged in, there is still <div> for conteneurmenu that renders a space with nothing in it on the user profile page.

When a user is not logged in, and he is trying to view a profile page, shouldn't it display a warning like "you are not authorized to view this page" or something like that, instead of blank page? ( -> If you set the profile page viewable for registered users only).
If you are looking for the file that renders the display of profile page, it's in your CB template.
[code:1]components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/yourtemplate/yourtemplate.php[/code:1]
Just curious, would it be possible for you to provide a link to the exact page where this issue happens? Thank you:) .

Wadya Balad Lises Unpad di www.lises-unpad.com

15 years 3 months ago #87098 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Profile View
I guess you are speaking about the user-menu which is completely empty ?

that's generated in the CB Menu plugin, but it's not a trivial class.

Flagging this potential, unconfirmed issue a #193

Could somebody check and confirm please ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 3 months ago #87113 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Profile View
Not able to duplicate your results. Could you provide a direct link to the issue; PM link if you prefer.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #87126 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Profile View
Also unable to reproduce this error. I get "You must log in first".

... But isn't login module supposed to display in component area for errors such as this?
:unsure:

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds