Profile View

15 years 3 months ago #87209 by deni_hanca
Replied by deni_hanca on topic Re:Profile View
ah.. now I see it. For my case, it's quite obvious actually. I just need to set profile view viewable for everybody in order to see it. Confirming that, here's some screenshots:

NORMAL: when logged in:

UNWANTED DIV: when not logged in.

See the straight lines instead of the menu? those are borders assigned to the <ul> of the menu. It's not dissappearing, unlike all the <li>s within! Note that I use list-ul-li-spans in parameter tab for cb menu plugin.

And here's are the output html.
[code:1]<div class="cb_tab_html cb_tab_content" id="cb_tabid_17">
<div class="cbMenuList">
<ul class='cbMenuULlist'>
</ul>
</div>
</div>[/code:1]
You can see it renders an unwanted <div class="cbMenuList"> and <ul class='cbMenuULlist'>. Same goes if selecting Menu Bar in in parameter tab for cb menu plugin.
[code:1]<div class="cb_tab_html cb_tab_content" id="cb_tabid_17">
<div id="conteneurmenu">
<script type="text/javascript">preChargement();</script>
<ul class="cbpMenu" id="cbMenuNav"></ul>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript"><!--//--><![CDATA[//><!--
nbmenu=0;
var cbOldwindowOnLoad;
if (window.attachEvent) window.attachEvent("onload", Chargement)
else { if (document.all&&document.getElementById&&window.onload) { cbOldwindowOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = function() { if (cbOldwindowOnLoad) cbOldwindowOnLoad(); Chargement(); } }
else Chargement();}
//--><!]]></script>
</div>[/code:1]
It also produces extra Javascripts in the unwanted div.

Come to think of it, I set NO for show empty tabs option. So this particularly naughty tab (cb_tabid_17) doesn't follow the rule! Logically I would think that eventhough the tab is not empty (the content would only display if a user is logged in or registered), but it's not carrying anything right now...

Good observation by bspisak;)

Wadya Balad Lises Unpad di www.lises-unpad.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #87217 by bspisak
Replied by bspisak on topic Re:Profile View
Right, my profiles are set to be viewable by public as I am using them to display bios for members of our organization (such as instructors, officers, etc.) who are indexed in user lists in menu items.

Not logged in:

Logged in:

It's cosmetic, I know, but I would like to tighten up the profile by getting rid of the div for the user menu when viewing the profile when not logged in.

Thanks.

15 years 3 months ago #87218 by bspisak
Replied by bspisak on topic Re:Profile View
Deleting dupe post.

Post edited by: bspisak, at: 2009/01/30 07:55

15 years 3 months ago #87248 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Profile View
Open your CB templates CSS file (e.g. /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/template.css)

Locate:
[code:1]#conteneurmenu { height: 30px; }[/code:1]
and
[code:1]
#conteneurmenu {
height: 40px;
}
[/code:1]

Delete:
[code:1]
#conteneurmenu {
height: 40px;
}
[/code:1]

Replace:
[code:1]#conteneurmenu { height: 30px; }[/code:1]
With:
[code:1]#conteneurmenu { display: inline-block; }[/code:1]

That'll get rid of the white space and still display the menu on its own line.

This is a temporary solution until fixed. Please note inline-block is not CSS compliant and does not work in all browsers. Use only if 100% necessary; otherwise it's suggested to wait for fix. You may also use table instead of inline-block, but same principles apply.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/01/30 18:03

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #87289 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Profile View
Flagged as very minor CB menu bug #198

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds