[SOLVED] Registration missing field boxes in 1.2

15 years 2 months ago #87114 by SlowSteady
Replied by SlowSteady on topic Re:Registration missing field boxes in 1.2
OK thanks, I might just take you up on that as I'm completely lost.

I'm trying the expert install now, hopefully it works. If not a PM is on the way :P

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #87125 by SlowSteady
Rapunzl, PM sent ... I just cannot get it to work. Please let me know.

Many thanks.

15 years 2 months ago #87132 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Registration missing field boxes in 1.2
So far, I'm seeing two issues and still have a couple to check:

1. I'm not sure it matters in this instance, but you have yet to set the Registration tab parameters in CB Configuration.

2. What is this Hidden Tab I'm seeing? Is this a hack? If so, this is probably at least part of your problem.

finished checking and found PHP5 (good) but,

3. Go to your back end Help/System Info/Directory Permissions ... DEFINITELY a problem since the only writable directory is /images. You'll need to change all directories to 755 and files to 644 for anything to install correctly from Joomla Administrator or Expert Install.

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2009/01/29 15:45

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 2 months ago #87139 by SlowSteady
Thanks for looking but have manage to solve it. I don't know why but all I did was follow this old post and manually replaced all the files in the PlugIns folder:-

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,41/id,44310/#44310

Thanks for looking earlier, am a happy camper - appreciate your help! B)

15 years 2 months ago #87141 by SlowSteady
Replied by SlowSteady on topic [SOLVED]:Registration missing field boxes in 1.2
Sorry, forgot to answer your questions.

Rapunzl wrote:

So far, I'm seeing two issues and still have a couple to check:

1. I'm not sure it matters in this instance, but you have yet to set the Registration tab parameters in CB Configuration.

In my attempts to fix the missing fields I deleted my original config to try out a raw, new UE_config. Will set them up now.

2. What is this Hidden Tab I'm seeing? Is this a hack? If so, this is probably at least part of your problem.

finished checking and found PHP5 (good) but,

This was done to solve my concern that users could edit their usernames and change passwords. I'm using RokBridge for my forum so if this is allowed then it all goes out of sync for autologin to the forums so I placed the username and password fields in the hidden tab.

WHICH now brings up the problem again because I have to unhide these fields to make them appear in the Registration page. (oh dear ...)

3. Go to your back end Help/System Info/Directory Permissions ... DEFINITELY a problem since the only writable directory is /images. You'll need to change all directories to 755 and files to 644 for anything to install correctly from Joomla Administrator or Expert Install.

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2009/01/29 15:45

Hmm ... strange that, I never had problems installing other modules etc but will double check.

Thanks again for looking. :)

Post edited by: SlowSteady, at: 2009/01/29 16:06

Post edited by: SlowSteady, at: 2009/01/29 16:15

15 years 2 months ago #87213 by Rapunzl
Glad you've got things working and you can just change the field parameters to 'Read Only' so they aren't editable on the front end.

:cheer:

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn