Deleted user not deleting email?

15 years 3 months ago #87269 by shedmore
Deleted user not deleting email? was created by shedmore
I just recently installed Community Builder, and I think I have run into a bug, but it def might be user error ;) (I am new to your component)

I created a user (manually), and neglected to set it up to "receive" system emails. I updated that, but there is no button to resend the verification email, and when I try to login with that user on teh frontend...it just perpetually gives me that error (you must receive email first, if you cant login and you can resend...but never lets me resend (on the frontend).

If I try to bypass that and "approve" the user (via community builder)...it says "approved" and "confirmed" but still no luck logging in.

As a final step, I tried to delete the user to "start over". I deleted the user, and the username is no longer listed, but when I try to re-regiester the account, the signup form gives me the error "This address does not accept email: Needed for confirmation"...Which leads me to think it has saved that email somewhere reguardless of the fact that I deleted the user???

Any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #87283 by shedmore
Replied by shedmore on topic Re:Deleted user not deleting email?
Seems like my question (after testing different scenarios) is related to the post found here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,83707/catid,58/limit,6/limitstart,18/

I will follow-up on that thread instead

15 years 3 months ago #87285 by shedmore
I got an error when trying to post to the other forum...I am logged in, but when I try to "post reply"..it gives me the "you must be registered dialogue"...

So I will continue to post here.

The wierd thing about this error...

It wont take "optonline.net" as an email address, but it will take other email addresses...to me that seems like it is saving a list of email addresses that have and havent worked...but I cant find that anywhere?

Where does it store that - and could I clear it/update it to accept optonline.net/gmail/etc...

15 years 3 months ago #87294 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Deleted user not deleting email?
Only valid e-mails are permitted. If it can't validate an e-mail address then it'll be rejected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #87295 by shedmore
I should have been more clear, I dont mean literally optonline.net as an email address

I mean username@optonline.net. It is a valid email address...its my email address.

I just didnt post the full email address becuase I didnt want spam bots finding it.

It seems to think username@optonline.net is not a valid email address...when it is? And from the other forum it seems to be a problem with other addresses to (gmail, etc...)

I am trying to figure out where this is stored...it seems like the other guy payed for a fix to the cb.core file...and I am looking through it now, but I would rather not turn off ajax if I can just get it to work correctly.

Any ideas?

15 years 3 months ago #87296 by shedmore
Do you know if the system saves what it considers "valid" addresses somewhere? Meaning, maybe there is a file on the system that thinks that username@optonline.net is not valid (that I can change?)

This is especially a problem, becuase I know the email address is valid (I get emails). And I could see users getting frustrated during sign up as a result of the system not identifying it is valid for whatever reason.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.510 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn