Deleted user not deleting email?

15 years 3 months ago #87316 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Deleted user not deleting email?
shedmore wrote:

I think I may have misread your conclusion...are you saying that optonline (in this case) is not allowing the verification?...)...and that it doesnt have anything to do with my server?

If that is true, than how do I register email addresses from people who are on over protective servers? I still need to be able to sign those people up

Thanks!

Post edited by: shedmore, at: 2009/01/30 21:12

Post edited by: shedmore, at: 2009/01/30 21:13

Correct, you should be able to register just fine. That's just the AJAX Checker and you can ignore its message.

I will be providing you with a web address via PM to test the e-mail on. Post the screenshot here of the result please.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #87319 by shedmore
Replied by shedmore on topic Re:Deleted user not deleting email?
Hey
I went to that address, and this is what I got when I filled out the email form.

See attachment

Attachments:

15 years 3 months ago #87321 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Deleted user not deleting email?
Ok, give it another try. I forgot to remove some debugging. :P

The following is the error you should receive IF your server is setup properly and supports the needed function when it can't verify a server.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/01/30 22:09

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

15 years 3 months ago #87325 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Deleted user not deleting email?
Please read carefully the instructions on the right of the email-check in CB configuration.

There are a number of conditions that your server must meet to be allowed by major email providers to start to send mail (that's what we do to verify, but we then abort the procedure). It needs to be fully recognized as a valid mail server, not only webserver, which isn't the case on all hosting packages.

If your server doesn't meet that criterias, either talk with your hoster, or simply turn that feature off.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 3 months ago #87331 by shedmore
Replied by shedmore on topic Re:Deleted user not deleting email?
krileon, When i try your form now...I dont get any errors! That gives me hope (sort of) :)

See screenshot...I guess it must be something with my serversetup, cb config that I am missing.

It prob has something to do with the way my rackspace is setup. Right now I am working it as a dev server (it is the final sever, but the domain name isnt pointing to it yet...so the site is accessed directly by IP.

I have relayed the requirements Beat pointed out to my Rackspace to see how they can accomodate that, and I will follow back up once I have heard either way.

I really appreciate the help, cant say it enough.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn