Cant Update Contac Info

15 years 2 months ago #89238 by nilay
Replied by nilay on topic Re:Cant Update Contac Info
nilay wrote:

nant - thanks for the reply, however (as I have posted before in various posts regarding this issue), I have CB 1.2 stable installed, and php5:

J 1.5.9
CB 1.2 stable
PHP 5.2.6

I have managed to resolve the issue for myself - "save" and "cancel" buttons are now working fine.

I had a script on the registration form that showed or hid certain fields depending upon user selection in a radio button field at the top of the form.

Removing the script solved it for me.

Maybe this might give some clues to the rest of you that are having a similar problem.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #89266 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Cant Update Contac Info
nilay wrote:

nilay wrote:

nant - thanks for the reply, however (as I have posted before in various posts regarding this issue), I have CB 1.2 stable installed, and php5:

J 1.5.9
CB 1.2 stable
PHP 5.2.6

I have managed to resolve the issue for myself - "save" and "cancel" buttons are now working fine.

I had a script on the registration form that showed or hid certain fields depending upon user selection in a radio button field at the top of the form.

Removing the script solved it for me.

Maybe this might give some clues to the rest of you that are having a similar problem.

Glad you solved your problem.

Having such a script is an important detail that was missing from problem description....

15 years 2 months ago #89420 by shitstains
Replied by shitstains on topic Re:Cant Update Contac Info
EDIT: Fixed the issue... for those with similar issue, manually check the user database for duplicate email addresses.

The issue was two users with the same email.

Post edited by: shitstains, at: 2009/02/21 03:10
Attachments:

15 years 2 months ago #89425 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Cant Update Contac Info
shitstains wrote:

EDIT: Fixed the issue... for those with similar issue, manually check the user database for duplicate email addresses.

The issue was two users with the same email.

Post edited by: shitstains, at: 2009/02/21 03:10

CB and Joomla do not allow duplicate email addresses.
This means that you had to bypass these checks to begin with by hacking, importing or using some other program that in effect does the same.

15 years 2 months ago #89446 by shitstains
Replied by shitstains on topic Re:Cant Update Contac Info

CB and Joomla do not allow duplicate email addresses.
This means that you had to bypass these checks to begin with by hacking, importing or using some other program that in effect does the same.

The issue arose apparently from the import. The admin user had the same email as a user in the previous Xoops install.

That is why I said for people to check if they are reporting this error as a lot of people are willing to import users from previous CMS install (we had 70 users).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn