[SOLVED] Default Membership was created by Squire
Greetings!

Joomla version: 2.5.11 Stable
PHP: 5.3.26
MySQL: 5.5.30-cll
Community Builder: 1.9
GroupJive: 2.7.0
CBSubs 3.0

We have a Free Lifetime Membership selected as our default membership as you will see in the first image.

When the user finishes filling out the registration form somehow the default has become deselected and the second image shows the error message.

As you will see I only have two other plans and all three have the same Presentation General Plan Settings.

Any idea why the default gets deselected while filling out the form?

Regards,
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #230156 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Default Membership
Fill your registration form out 1 field at a time then let me know what field specifically it deselects the subscription at. It certainly should not be doing this, but you may have something present on the page that's using jQuery to bind to the inputs and change their behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #230197 by Squire
Replied by Squire on topic Default Membership
Kyle:

Great suggestion.

I am going through the registration process with email addresses I have created to test the process. After I go through the process and make adjustments I delete that user so I can use the email address again.

Now that I am going through the registration again when I get to a field and type a letter that has been used the auto-fill list appears and if I select anything from that list is when the default membership gets de-selected. When I type in the field everything is fine.

I understand my selecting from the auto-fill list is in essence a new selection thus de-selecting the default membership.

Since my users will only be doing this once they will not encounter the same result.

I have attached my debug results as a precaution but I believe this to be solved.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply and suggestion.

Regards,
Attachments:

10 years 9 months ago #230206 by Squire
Come to think of it auto-fill will appear for most of the fields since the user will have used that information on other sites.

Any suggestions?

10 years 9 months ago #230275 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Default Membership
So when you use auto-fill it's causing the default plan to be deselected? There's not much you can do about this as that's a browser behavior. The browser should auto-fill the field you're editing, but whatever browser you're using seams to be clearing inputs.

Regarding your Piwik plugin issue please perform the below quickfix and confirm if Piwik issue persists.

IN: /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/cbsubspiwik/cbsubs.piwik.php
ON: Line 232
		$extraStrings					=	$row->substitutionStrings( false );
TO:
		if ( method_exists( $row, 'substitutionStrings' ) ) {
			$extraStrings				=	$row->substitutionStrings( false );
		} else {
			$extraStrings				=	null;
		}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #230282 by Squire
Thanks again for your prompt reply. It is very much appreciated.

I am using Chrome when this happens but I am satisfied that it is browser problem. I'll leave the default setting as is. Thanks!

I applied the quick fix. I have attached the php file to make sure I did it right (I copied and pasted it from your post) and I have attached the resulting debug message.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn