limit backend access

10 years 9 months ago #231267 by marse7
limit backend access was created by marse7
Is there a way to limit the access to the backend functions and plugins? I need the user group to be able to do certain things in CB Subs but I don't want someone messing about with the plugins module, for example.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #231273 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic limit backend access
CBSubs > Settings > Permissions. Pretty sure they still need a good bit of backend admin access though. The permissions tab will let you limit specific functionality in CBSubs backend for them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #231275 by marse7
Replied by marse7 on topic limit backend access
Yes, perfect for certain modules - thank you! Problem is, the group still has access to the plugins module and I don't see a way to block that access. Webadmins (the group) should be able to adjust plans, payments, etc. but not mess up the functioning of the component itself. Am I missing something in the section you mentioned?

Thanks,
Mark

10 years 9 months ago #231347 by krileon
I don't think you can block access to plugins while also letting them access CBSubs. Plugins access is needed to access a plugins backend. What permissions you see within CBSubs > Settings > Permissions is all that is currently available; more will be added with future releases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #231393 by marse7
Replied by marse7 on topic limit backend access

I don't think you can block access to plugins while also letting them access CBSubs.

That's pretty shortsighted if you ask me. The concept of allowing a user that kind of control to modules and plugins, etc. went away with Joomla 1.6 - isn't access control all about granularity? I get that it's a complicated mess to change these components but Joomla is up to version 3.x and CB Subs hasn't installed this granularity yet?

ACL Manager (commercial plugin) gives you a lot of control over access but it can't do this with CB Subs (I checked.) My hope would be that CB Subs makes this happen sooner than later. A (limited) admin who has control over core functionality like this is a disaster waiting to happen.

10 years 9 months ago #231400 by krileon
We've plans to improve the permission usage with CB 2.0. For backwards compatibility sake it was designed the way it is now on purpose.

For CB 2.0 it's a migration and not an upgrade so we're free to depreciate all the out of date usages and it'll have complete permissions implementation like that of Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds